Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with video output to HDTV

Options
  • 12-01-2007 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭

Hey, have a 7900GS graphics card. usually connect to up via vga from the card, to my tv no problems. Looks perfect.

But I need the use of the vga input on the tv for my x360, so got my hands on a dvi to hdmi cable. :)

Problem is, regardless with whatcolour/res etc.. I mess with, the screen still looks fúcked up. See example below.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Did you post the right screenshot...cause that one looks fine to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

it seems print screen works fine :eek: :confused::confused: But I cant actually see the startbar, and side screens on the actual tv.

THIS is an article on Anandtech that may help...gives advice on both ATI and Nvidia cards and how to use HDTV connections and compensate for overscan.

Thanks man :)

A pleasure....post back and let us know how you get it sorted so any others with the same problem can benefit.

:)

• Advertisement

After further adjustment of settings, it still aint right! :( My only option to thet it perfect is buy some type of vga adaptor that allows two signals to be sent to the tv at once, that I can switch between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You have a few things you can try assuming you are using the current NVIDIA drivers go into the NVIDIA control panel.

Under the "Video & Television" category click on "change the signal or HD format" it should pick up he connection type as DVI or DVI to HDMI.

Select 720p HDTV & click apply to see if anything changes.

If that fails open the NVIDIA control panel again and where it says standard view in the tool bar click on that and change to advanced view. Now go into the "Display" section and click on "Manage Custom Timings".

Tick the box for "Treat as HDTV" & for "Allow modes not exposed by the display"

Now click on create in the new window
    Horizontal desktop pixels = 1366 or 1360 or 1368
    Vertical Desktop Pixels = 768

or

Horizontal desktop pixels = 1280
    Vertical Desktop Pixels = 720

Everything else stays the same now click on test to see if the resolution changes and sticks.

If that fails then use Rivatuner to force the custom resolution or Powerstrip.

Powerstrip contains generic profiles for HDTV's running at 1366x768 so you can use one of those those but depending on the TV you may have to fiddle with the timings to get everything right.

Try the NVIDIA control panel settings first before going the Powerstrip route. Also what make & model TV is it ?

Advertisement