Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic gas detector

Options
  • 12-01-2007 9:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Any idea where I'd pick up a domestic gas detector? The Bord Gais website says that "Carbon Monoxide detectors/alarms are available in all good hardware stores", but it doesn't actually cite examples and I don't think I've ever seen one (although I wouldn't be looking). Would I get one of these in B&Q or Woodies, or would I be better off at a builder's providers?

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

dahamsta wrote:
    Any idea where I'd pick up a domestic gas detector? The Bord Gais website says that "Carbon Monoxide detectors/alarms are available in all good hardware stores", but it doesn't actually cite examples and I don't think I've ever seen one (although I wouldn't be looking). Would I get one of these in B&Q or Woodies, or would I be better off at a builder's providers?
    I got mine in Woodies .. in amongst the smoke detectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gerald€

If enquirer was after a methane/LPG alarm, a CO alarm will not detect that
    of course.:rolleyes:

Advertisement