Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giants Finished?

Options
  • 12-01-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭

With the loss of Tiki Barber, where can The Giants Running go from here, anybody got any insight onto who might be a suitable replacement?, in my opinion he was the best Running back in the league and it could throw the whole offense into disarray. Maybe a hungry Ricky Williams?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Wompa1 wrote:
    ...in my opinion he was the best Running back in the league...

You haven't heard of LaDanian Tomlinson, then?

Brandon Jacobs will do quite well in NY next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Wompa1 wrote:
    Maybe a hungry Ricky Williams?...

He always has the munchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Munchies don't win football games, they just make you eat all the cookies in the house, hope Lenny Kravitz isn't getting too lonely without his token buddy, as for Tomlinson, I'd still rate Tiki better, there are some very good running backs in the NFL but Tiki was really consistent and was a no B.S type of player, same goes for his brother Ronde...except in the position of Linebacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Did you watch this season ? . How can you rate tiki better? , i understand if you prefer watching him, ye i love watching tiki as well , the man is a true gent, but LT is in a league of his own at the mo, running,receving, throwing. breaking records left right and center, look forward to tonight to see if he can beat the pats which i so hope they do, they beat my jets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Wompa1 wrote:
    With the loss of Tiki Barber, where can The Giants Running go from here, anybody got any insight onto who might be a suitable replacement?, in my opinion he was the best Running back in the league and it could throw the whole offense into disarray. Maybe a hungry Ricky Williams?...

Generally if Ricky is 'hungry' that usually means that he is stoned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Wompa1 wrote:
    Tiki was really consistent and was a no B.S type of player, same goes for his brother Ronde...except in the position of Linebacker
    Eh Ronde is a cornerback. Tiki while great is in no way LT, and Larry Johnson is also a better running back.
    I don't think Jacobs is good enough and think they will draft a rb in either the first or second round, probably second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

I dont think the g-men are finished yet, look at the chargers. They were one of the worst teams in the league a couple of seasons back. We have some big players but made far to many big mistakes this year. Losing Barber will be huge i dont think he was the best back in the league but he was up there. He was such a versitile player and he got that fumbling problem udercontrol the past few years. Its now up to Manning. I think he has the tools for the job but he needs to be far more consistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

Giants finished because barber?
    Shows you havent really paid attention to the entire season and not just his last two. For many games barber was restricted and did not do much, did'nt mean we were screwed. Brandon will take over nicely i think, better maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

If the Giants need an RB, maybe they should go for Michael Turner in the Free Agency.

He is not gonna stick around and play backup to LT anymore when he is easily as good as many 1st team RBs out there.

That would be a gereat pick up for the Giants after the loss of Tiki.

As for the Giants being finished, there is too much talent in that team for that to happen. Eli has great potential, but needs to be guided. Good WR core, solid D and Jeremy Shockey. They'll be just fine next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

DaXiS wrote:
    Giants finished because barber?
    Shows you havent really paid attention to the entire season

eh, did YOU??? when Coughlin let Tiki run, the giants win....when they pass they lose....simple

they are not lost without him, but they will need an outside runner to compliment Jacobs or else their running game will become 1 dementional, i like SD's Turner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Shows you havent really paid attention to the entire season and not just his last two

Not Just this season, think lots of seasons, Tiki was a class Act, I like Tomlinson but he needs a little more time before I'll pass final judgement. The Running Game was the only real threat in my opinion though agreed Shockey is a class act...Damn Beach Bum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Wompa1 wrote:
    Not Just this season, think lots of seasons, Tiki was a class Act, I like Tomlinson but he needs a little more time before I'll pass final judgement. The Running Game was the only real threat in my opinion though agreed Shockey is a class act...Damn Beach Bum

LT needs a little more time before you pass judgement funniest thing I have heard all week. Tiki was undoubtedly a class act but LT is better. You give LT an Inch and he will take a mile. As a pats fan I was worried we could contain him on Sunday. If he continues going the way he did this in the coming years he will walk himself into the Hall Of Fame. Between the 2 LT edges Tiki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

i DO agree LT is a better all-round player, in the top 5 RB's of all time, but i think Barber is just as good a runner as LT, what makes LT better is his recieving and throwing ability

Advertisement