Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eshat BT Problems ?

Options
  • 12-01-2007 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

Is anyone in the southeast region having a major ballache with Eshat Broadband today ?

Works fine for a while - then site's start to bomb out and the rest slowly follows suit, need to switch off dsl box and I presume reaquire IP from Eshat - try to ring the shower of baxtards but it's either leave a message or get cut off ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

yes .. had some issues today - DNS wasn't working for a while.:(

BT 3Mbs near NAAS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

ya having problems too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Having problems in Drogheda too works for a while then dies.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I'm on eircom and my connection is continually dieing aswell. :(

I have to restart the pc for it to work or clear the ip cache >:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 AidoX

I am also an EsatBT (or BTIreland what ever ya wanna call them now). My connection has been down all day. I called Tech Support after testing my connection of a few different routers (thinking my linksys was shot).

Tech Supp told me there wasnt a problem. Its jsut after 11pm and its still down. My mate in Lusk is having same problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Very sad when I have to post this using dial up. Bt crashing out all evening in portmarnock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

BT in Limerick and having some strange problems. In my house we have a wireless router to share to 3 PCs. Mine has been working all day and evening fine, but the other two weren't connecting to the net at all. Wireless connection was fine but they couldn't ping anything beyond the router. I also couldn't ping anything, but the 'net was fine for me. Logged into the router and the router also can't ping from the diagnostics page. Still, my connection was fine throughout. Very very weird.

Seems to be a DNS issue as eMule was working fine on the other two PCs even though there was nothing happening in Firefox. Entering the IP address for websites worked too.

The other two came back then a while ago. Didn't bother trying to ring BT as that's usually an exercise in futility.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was in work in Coolock and my Eircom connection went at about 5.30 so I went home (also in Coolock) and my BT connection was gone there too.

Came back at some point after 8pm

EDIT: actually yes got the feeling it was DNS alright as the status looked fine.

The IP for boards.ie is http://82.195.136.250/ for anyone still in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Junior

You'd have thought the idiots would have put a message on the Tech Help line that they are experiencing some DNS issues and they were trying to resolve them rather than "press one to leave your details for a callback" and then cut you off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

I was having the same issues in Limerick yesterday, power off/on modem and it resloved. Still it is better the dial up any day. Even when I use the mobile as a modem it is faster that dial up. Very expensive though only in an emergency like the power outage the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i'm in d15. it seems the whole system was down at some point. i phoned cust care and was told "due to a large volumes of calls the wait time to speak to an agent will be very long" or something to that effect. you'd think that instead of giving us a warning they'd just hire some more agents ffs. its not like they train them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anyone have any public dns server addresses? might be worth adding a manual entry for one or two outside the poor reach or eircom and bt.

vibe666 wrote:
    anyone have any public dns server addresses? might be worth adding a manual entry for one or two outside the poor reach or eircom and bt.

This was recommended on another thread:

http://www.opendns.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

nice, looks good. just set it up there and i think it'll be hunky dory. using my isp's dns as a backup and the opendns as the main. seems like they have a bit of security built in anyway which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm with Esat 3MB, having major speed issues here in Dundalk. Boards.ie & all other web pages taking forever to load up, videos spend more time buffering than playing and only getting download speeds of between 50 - 70KB/s :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Moofy

hellboy99 wrote:
    I'm with Esat 3MB, having major speed issues here in Dundalk. Boards.ie & all other web pages taking forever to load up, videos spend more time buffering than playing and only getting download speeds of between 50 - 70KB/s :confused:

Same thing has been happening in Cork for the past few weeks to me.
    Yesterday about 5.30 I lost connection and its still not back :(
    Thank god for internet access at work:)
    I know there is no point phoning "tech support" so I guess I have to go and change the DNS settings then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I loved to know whats going on, can't get through to tech support. I've been running various speed tests the past few days and all seem to be coming back the same with my download speed round 0.80 - 1.02Mbps :mad: .
    Before this slow down I was getting 2.56 - 2.85Mbps.

Great thread title by the way.

I think they've Eshat all over their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

BT 3meg down in Clonee, Dublin last night also... and last weekend for a bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Andore

My connection has been wonky of late too but download speeds have been alrightish. My pings though are in the 150 range all of a sudden which is annoying since i mostly use it for games, anyone else getting high pings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

one time yesterday i was able to access steam, teamspeak and my torrents at the same time but couldn't browse web pages. has been like this for a couple of days, unable to browse certain web pages but not others, able to access certain programs but unable to browse internet. i'm on bt 3mb, hope to go to chorus 6mb soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Bt Dns down again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Andore wrote:
    My connection has been wonky of late too but download speeds have been alrightish. My pings though are in the 150 range all of a sudden which is annoying since i mostly use it for games, anyone else getting high pings?

Yep...pings were crap last night (and have been for a few weeks now). Reseting my modem worked for a little while but it went again pretty quickly. As you say downloads are fine.
    I tried a tracert to the server I usually play on and there were huge delays in the bt routers..not good!

Advertisement