Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ravens VS Colts

Options
  • 12-01-2007 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

I can't wait for this game. There are so many match ups its gotta be a classic.
    The best offence VS the best defence
    Manning VS Ray Lewis
    Jamal Lewis VS the suddenly good Colts rush defence
    Harrison VS McAllister

Then there's the whole Colts used to be from Baltimore factor.

Can't wait!!!!!!!

Prediction: Ravens 24 - Colts 21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

evil_seed wrote:
    Then there's the whole Colts used to be from Baltimore factor.

Prediction: Ravens 24 - Colts 21

Yep, it's really the Baltimore Colts V Cleveland Browns. ;) Showing my age, now.

I'm going for the Browns/Ravens by 10+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

The "new" Browns are brand new. An expansion franchise, although they took the history of the old Browns, which I don't get.

The Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Titans but they still "own" the Oilers' history!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

The Colts were never were the Browns. They were formed back in 47 as the Baltimore Colts and eventually moved to Indianapolis in the 80's. In fact they originally played in the same division as the Browns back in 69.

Source NFL.com

"""""Professional football came to Indianapolis March 28, 1984, when Colts owner Robert Irsay moved the historic NFL franchise from Baltimore to Indianapolis—the friendly heart of the Midwest.

The roots of the franchise go back to December 28, 1946, when the bankrupt Miami Seahawks of the All-America Football Conference were purchased and relocated in Baltimore by a group headed by Bob Rodenberg. As the result of a contest in Baltimore, won by Charles Evans of Middle River, Md., the team was renamed the “Colts.”

On September 7, 1947, wearing green and silver uniforms, the Colts under Head Coach Cecil Isbell (formerly an All-American player and coach at Purdue University) won their initial AAFC game, 16-7, over the Brooklyn Dodgers. The team concluded its inaugural season before a record Baltimore crowd of 51,583 losing to the New York Yankees, 21-7. The Colts finished the year with a 2-11-1 record good for a fourth-place finish in the Eastern Division.

The Colts completed the 1948 season with a 7-8 record, tying the Buffalo Bills for the division title. The Colts compiled a 1-11 slate in 1949. The All-American Football Conference and the National Football League merged in 1950 and the Colts became a member of the NFL. After posting a 1-11 record for the second consecutive year, the franchise was dissolved by the league on January 18, 1951, because of its failing financial condition.

After two full seasons without professional football, NFL Commissioner Bert Bell challenged the franchise in December of 1952 to sell 15,000 season tickets within six weeks in order to re-enter the NFL. That 15,000-ticket quota was reached in four weeks and three days.""""""

The Colts were never were the Browns.

Nobody said that they were. The Colts started out life in Baltimore, and now they are going back to Baltimore to play the Ravens, who used to be the Cleveland Browns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

My bad for some reason the Colts stuck in my head. The reason the Ravens did not keep the Browns history as they were a new franchise. Altough they say they moved the Browns to Baltimore the really mean they moved the Franchise spot to Baltimore hence why They became the Ravens. The Browns still existed but not as an NFL franchise until they were reformed in 1999 and given a franchise spot. For this reason they kept their history hence why at the moment they are advertising 2006 as their 60th year as they formed in 1946. The Titan's kept the Oilers history as that was a team and franchise move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

12 - 3 Colts. Vinatieri is kicking them through. Ravens need to give the ball to Jamal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Colts get into the AFC final thanks to two of the worst coaching displays all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Some of the coaching killed me. What happened o coaching to win the game. This coaching to not lose is a real pain:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Whadd'ya think about our Colts now?

See my pre-season post / prediction .:D

Waiting since 1984!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I was gutted after watching that game it didn't live up to the hype and nether team deserves to advance after that game. They should give the Chargers another go at least they got a touchdown at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

ya it was pretty terrible. Whats wrong with Manning in the postseason? He sucked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Hynzie wrote:
    Whats wrong with Manning in the postseason? He sucked again.
    I think hes just over rated, what has he ever done in a post season. If you can't keep it together until you win the Superbowl Your not good enough.

Advertisement