Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question.

Options
  • 12-01-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭

I had a crash. I rear ended a car last year. driver is making a claim.

I am insured with quinn direct. they have paid out 8,000 grand on the car and what ever the "personal injury" claim tunrs out to be.

So i am wondering whats its going to do to my premuim. i was only 3rd party and it cost 880 last time.

Anybody else going to a better quote then quinn direct next April.

25 male, 0 no claims discount and one expensive claim on my record.

Just looking for companies that are decent with people with a claim in.

still waiting on the cops to let me know if they are going to do me for driving with out due care and attention. no word yet and the crash was in november.

whats that likely to be if i plead guilty.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

8,000 grand? Expensive car!
    Your options for next year are exactly the same as this year - you ring every company and get quotes from them all!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I guess you cannot have less than zero ncb!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,482 ✭✭✭irishgeo

kbannon wrote:
    8,000 grand? Expensive car!
    Your options for next year are exactly the same as this year - you ring every company and get quotes from them all!!!

01 toyota avenvis i thought it was a bit steep as well but the thing did go on fire so. surely the sent someone out to asses the damange and mine only cost 1,000 to fix. i ran into the rear passenger side.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

irishgeo wrote:
    01 toyota avenvis i thought it was a bit steep as well but the thing did go on fire so. surely the sent someone out to asses the damange and mine only cost 1,000 to fix. i ran into the rear passenger side.
    He was being sarcastic - 8,000 grand = €8,000,000 - a lot for an Avensis. Presumably you meant "8 grand". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I guess you cannot have less than zero ncb!

Yes but if you read thoses bits before you get online qoutes that no one reads most of them ask if you'vd had a crash/claim in the last five years. The quote is dependant on you not haveing had a claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Stekelly wrote:
    Yes but if you read thoses bits before you get online qoutes that no one reads most of them ask if you'vd had a crash/claim in the last five years. The quote is dependant on you not haveing had a claim.
    I think Henry Ford III meant that, regardless of the Garda investigation, the OP's NCB will still be zero - i.e. it can't get any worse. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I think Henry Ford III meant that, regardless of the Garda investigation, the OP's NCB will still be zero - i.e. it can't get any worse. ;)

it can, zero with a claim is worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Having no NCB and a claim is worse than just no NCB.
    The claim effectively gives you a minus NCB

guess ill have to start saving unless quinn direct lawyers are brilliant and get me off the personal injuries claim. Ill have to pay for loss of earning though as it was a hackney.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You could try putting the details into quinn directs website and get a quote. Will give you a rough idea of what to expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

What type of licence do you hold, full or provisional? How long are you driving? Was the other driver badly injured?

driving 2 years full licence and she hopped out of the car with nothing wrong with her. seen her driving around a few weeks back as well.no neck brace either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

not the first time ive heard or seen something like this happen.
    case1: ws back in 99 my brother and a taxi in a crash. guards said both were at fault and pay 50/50. two weeks later got a letter saying the taxi driver was claiming for injury. the insurance company went to court and on the day provided the judge with a video of the man playing soccer a week after the
    crash. Scum like him should be left rot in jail.

case2:i work at the edge of cork city centre and one day when out the front having a fag a young girl rear ended ( wrong words she rolled her car at about 3-5 mph) a taxi in traffic. the driver got out holding his back and neck till one of the lads with us shouted at him about him faking injury. he then got back into his car and drove off as if nothing happened. i wouldlove to know would he have claimed if we didnt say smething.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

The injury caould take ages to sort out. I'd be extremely surprised if any other company even quoted you with a claim pending, especially when you factor in your age and your 'minus NCB'. If they do it will probably be extortionate. I also had a claim in my first year with QD. My premium the next year went up about 600 euro. The way they work it is that they *say* that your first year of insurance includes an "introductory bonus" (ha!) which they then rake back from you in the second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

irishgeo wrote:
    Ill have to pay for loss of earning though as it was a hackney.
    That's worse than actually hospitalising a normal driver, but most decednt barristers will pick a hole in a hackney driver's stroy.

Although, a Garda running a taxi in Limerick employed a friend of my dad's who was disqualified to drive his taxi

Advertisement