Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs on DVD from play.com

Options
  • 12-01-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭

Ok can I be charged customs on a dvd box set from play.com

Surely as Jersey is within the EU i don't have to pay an customs or am I way wrong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭D500B

Yes. Jersey may be in Europe but it exists outside of the Economic part of europe. (bit like isle of mann, canaries, monaco, andorro etc) I've heard of this happening to a few people with play.com. what is it-21% tax and a €5 fine?
    it happens with games from the site a bit. Switch to cdwow.ie infuture if you can- it doesn't happen with them.

you could always just not pay and get the money back from play and buy it elsewhere if itds cheaper overal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

its really annoying, thanks for clearing that up.

i'll probably just pay it this time but its the last time i order something from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You probably won't have to pay anything, all depends on whether they stop your parcel or not. I've never had anything from play stopped and I've ordered loads, even coming up to Christmas.

Wait and see is the best thing to do, hopefully you'll be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

jor el wrote:
    You probably won't have to pay anything, all depends on whether they stop your parcel or not. I've never had anything from play stopped and I've ordered loads, even coming up to Christmas.

Wait and see is the best thing to do, hopefully you'll be OK.

maybe I wasn't clear. Customs stopped my parcel and the revenue sent me a letter asking me to pay customs and handling fee

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Just ring the number on the letter tell them you wont be paying they will return the parcel too Play .Then tell play the parcel is ont he way back and they will credit you for the cost of the DVD's.

You could then reorder from cdwow.ie or someone

The above worked for me with a PS2 game over Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If the goods are worth more than €22 then revenue are within their rights to so do.

Advertisement