Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Devaney out in favour of Lyons! wtf!?

• 13-01-2007 12:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

I heard today that Devaney has been dropped in favour of Richard Lyons!
    Yet another great decision by the Team Ireland management.... not!
    It has yet to be officially announced by the team but i heard from a "good source" ;)
    Thing is i'm sure the team knew what their decision was going to be a few weeks ago, i'm sure this late announcment leaves Devaney with not much options for 2007.
    A1 Team Ireland... now known as A1 GB "B Team".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Really.... havent been in touch with anyone but what I heard was Miller for the chop.... wtf are they at down there....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Kersh wrote:
    Really.... havent been in touch with anyone but what I heard was Miller for the chop.... wtf are they at down there....
    I heard about Miller after my original post lastnight... thats a good move in my opinion, but even still they went well with him last year so it's not really down to him either. But they can do better all the same.
    Well i wont be getting up at silly hours of the morning to watch the next race... i might catch the highlights... if i'm not washing my hair :p

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Motormouth

Yeah, got the Devanney press release today. Hoping to go to the states to do his own thing.........
    Even if Lyons goes well now, we'll all be wondering what might have been if he had stayed on..............................:(

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭molateen

i heard today that Gary Anderson is taking over the engineering in the team which surely can only be a good thing .

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=30313

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

well from looking at the times today it looks like they are back on the pace.
    i heard Anderson changed nearly everything on the car!
    shame we couldn't have seen Devaney and Anderson working together... :(
    i just dont feel like supporting a Brit!

So if Lyons wins, what anthem will they play?, considering its been God save the Queen for his Nippon/gt wins!!
    :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

What happened in the feature Race... Lyons finishing 19th five laps down?????
    Dont have any channels that show the races... so im wondering if theres a good explanation... like a crash five laps from the end????

How high in the field was he running before whatever problem occurred?
    He had qualified 9 th or something was it....
    Okay, would it be worth all the trouble to find out what happened???

Okay http://www.a1teamireland.ie/index.php.

Doont mind me....

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

man... jeez... an engine cut out and a rear suspension failure......
    Did he get a contact from someone or was he riding the kerbs too hard??? which led to his suspension failure?

Not sure, but I think we had the only car to have a mechanical failure.... and we retired from both races... either crap luck or poor prep.
    Either way it pi55ed me off.
    We are due a good result.
    9th was pretty good in qualifying considering the year so far..

• Advertisement
Advertisement