Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gronholm to show for galway rally 2007???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Yes, M-Sport have confirmed it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

British Champion Mark Higgins will be out in a Subaru S11 as well.

You'll probably see some of the other WRC teams enter events here in the run up to Rally Ireland. There's a strong rumour that Subaru are coming over.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭themonk

i guess it makes sense for uk based teams to make the journey as not too far away ... however will they bring the full spec cars and also will they even complete the whole event ... somehow they may not be motivated to push it in any way and may just be glorified zero zero cars ... i sincerely hope not but with one week before the swedish rally surely none of them want any problems with wrc points at stake ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Im bloody excited about this. I will head down there for the weekend but whats the procedure on watching the rally? I assume you just find a decent place along the route, You dont need to purchase tickets for it do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Babybing wrote:
    Im bloody excited about this. I will head down there for the weekend but whats the procedure on watching the rally? I assume you just find a decent place along the route, You dont need to purchase tickets for it do you?

You're obviously a rally virgin then! best way to do it is to buy a rally programme which will include maps and entry list. There will be plenty of traffic down there so you can probably only expect to get 3/4 stages in the day. I go to at least 10-15 rallies a year so if you need any more details, let me know and I'll give you a dig out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

There's a post in the Galway region if any of you want to come down and marshall!!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055026978

All help appreciated!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Not long left now ppl. I have just one concern, with the large crowds that will be there, this will untimately lead to stage cancellations. I dont wanna rain on the parade but its gonna be a factor come next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Is there a published course route (online) anywhere as I would like to take pics?

I did try emailing Galway Rally Club but the email listed on the site doesnt work.

Cheers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Is there a published course route (online) anywhere as I would like to take pics?

I did try emailing Galway Rally Club but the email listed on the site doesnt work.

Cheers
    The programme will be on sale this week (Wednesday, I think) from petrol stations and good newsagents around the Galway area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Third year in a row this has come out my way and I love it. Service is just up the road and the Eglish stage finish is only a couple of miles away. Talking to a couple of lads tonight that following it (Saturday). They said Gronholm wasn't really pushing it but was still bloody quick. He's driving the '06 spec focus. I'd say he's only finding his feet on Irish roads but hopefully tomorrow he'll let rip.
    I'll be out bright and early. FYI for anyone attending, SS9, SS12 & SS15 (Greenville) have been cancelled as a mark of respect to a local family living near the route who had a bereavement during the week. As a result everything will be running about 20 minutes early.
    Revised schedule here:
    http://www.pirelliirishrally.com/schedules/galway07.cfm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

Was down there yesterday. It was pretty special seeing Gronholm in action but equally impressive was Eugene Donnelly in his spanking new S12. He's still leading now with 3 stages to run by 9 seconds from Gronholm and Gareth Machale in his new Focus.

Gronholm wins it when Donnelly crashed out on the last stage

demac wrote:
    Gronholm wins it when Donnelly crashed out on the last stage
    Second last stage at junction 9. I was near the end of that stage and couldn't believe it when Gronholm and McHale came through and no sign of Donnelly. Great days racing and great to see Gromholm in action. He was really hammering it today.:)

any decent pictures lads ... ie subarus stuck in ditches:D

I didn't get any impact photos as the driving standards were very good :)

Here's a selection though

dscf1797vv8.th.jpg

dscf1800pe5.th.jpg

dscf1806lh6.th.jpg

Gronholm warming up the tyres prior to the start of the stage. Awesome !
    dscf1811zr6.th.jpg

Great pictures demac ... looks like a great day out with the weather too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

Stage 11, Donnelly about 9:40 and Gronholm about 9:45. Stage 17, Gronhom 9:36!

One of the stage commanders gave Donnelly a lift out. Seemingly he said it was bound to happen (his going off that is). Roads were really slippy.

It's a shame he crashed; would have been nice to see him win again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 astragte_mk2

Hey there,new to this forum.Great rally Galway.Shame bout Donnelly but
    Does anyone know is it true Donnellys car is a write off but engine ok?there suppposed to be a new shell being shipped in by prodrive,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭afatbollix

my clip of the weekend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6KCq9jIOZQ

or a HQ one here

Great photos demac. :)

anto-t wrote:
    my clip of the weekend
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6KCq9jIOZQ

or a HQ one here
    Nice one anto. Well put together.
    Do you have a version with the audio recorded on the day, without the music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

Advertisement