Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

last mile improving

Options
  • 13-01-2007 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

hi, i know im always going on about how bad the service with last mile is, but over the last 2 weeks the service has been great, im actually getting the full 512 dl :eek: i hope it will continue:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

512? didn't know you coul dstill get a connection that slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

i knew it was too good to be true:mad: :mad: my speed has dropped to 21 kbps:mad: the fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Just checked mine, running at 498kbps, i think them f****rs are watching boards for negitive posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Well if they are they should listen to me. They need 1Mbps service minimum at this stage for the price they are charging because at the speeds they are offering for that price, Satellite is a viable alternative as Last Mile seem only useful as a download accelerator and not true broadband.

This post from someone who's only wireless provider option is Last Mile and is tempted to stick with SkyDSL over paying for Last Miles service if they are as poor as the service on this site suggests.

Last Mile, get it sorted. Even 56K users can get to boards.ie to find reviews of your service before paying for it and that price reduction was a joke.

brim4brim wrote:
    Well if they are they should listen to me. They need 1Mbps service minimum at this stage for the price they are charging because at the speeds they are offering for that price, Satellite is a viable alternative as Last Mile seem only useful as a download accelerator and not true broadband.

you hit the nail on the head, i cant see what difference it will make to last mile if they increase the speeds to a min of 1 meg dl, the airspan equipment i believe can take up to 8megs, please last mile listen to your costumers and sort it out because as soon as another operator comes onto one of your masts costumers will run from you, you have the potential to be a good company with coverage in many rural areas that where forgotten about by other bb company's. last mile if you read this please respond and let your costumers know why the dl speed is so low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

Agreed on all topics.

I wonder if we can get enough Lastmile subscribers here together on boards to e mail or phone them requesting reasons why they cant increase the speed, as i mentioned in a previous post i would have preferred a speed increase in favour of a price reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Its pretty clear why they dont increase speeds, backhaul onto the net costs money and why increase your costs on backhaul when people will continue paying for a service that costs you less to run.

Asok wrote:
    Its pretty clear why they dont increase speeds, backhaul onto the net costs money and why increase your costs on backhaul when people will continue paying for a service that costs you less to run.

so are you saying the day of customer care is gone??? as i said in my last post its mainly people with no other choice that go with last mile, so unless they want dial up they have to pay €38 for this service. last mile have us over a barrel and they know it:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

pm. wrote:
    so are you saying the day of customer care is gone??? as i said in my last post its mainly people with no other choice that go with last mile, so unless they want dial up they have to pay €38 for this service. last mile have us over a barrel and they know it:mad:
    Customer care for €38 a month service and in Ireland at that? Good one, I needed a good joke to get through the night.

Anyway, no, no company will increase their speeds unless there is competition coming their way. Why throw away good money on something like that when it is not needed and especially as they will expect people to leave anyway when possible.

Noddy wrote:
    Customer care for €38 a month service and in Ireland at that? Good one, I needed a good joke to get through the night.

good one??????????? are you forgetting im not the only unhappy customer paying €38 a month, dont you think that for €38 a month there should be some customer care???? dont you think €38 a month is a rip off for a dl speed so slow?? are you with last mile?? are/would you be happy to pay €38 a month of a bad service??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

pm. wrote:
    good one??????????? are you forgetting im not the only unhappy customer paying €38 a month, dont you think that for €38 a month there should be some customer care???? dont you think €38 a month is a rip off for a dl speed so slow?? are you with last mile?? are/would you be happy to pay €38 a month of a bad service??
    Nope, I'm not working for/or has worked with, last mile (the Irish companies I've worked for in broadband related products only did services with 4 zeros or more on the bills and only for companies).

Secondly, you've just proven my point above about leaving them if given an option hence the company don't really want to use up more money on people leaving (yes it is a short term view but it is held by most companies).

Third, no, for €38 (incl. vat) I would not expect good customer care, especially not in Ireland and no, I would not expect good download rate, especially in Ireland (also known as a third world country of broadband).

Now, allow me to expand on the above before you hit the reply button (and yes this is rantish).

The Irish people are to damn lazy and whipped that they will never get proper service here (being a small market don't exactly help either). Why do I say lazy and whipped? Easy, I've never meet people who whines and complains so much, who wants to go to court or name and shame companies, or bring them to radio shows. But where the heck is the will to actually do something themselves?! Where is the political preassure to get something up? Oh I forgot, they are all out having the fifth pint of the night complaining about how the "insert issue" sucks and someone should do something. The French no the other hand are causing roadblocks to get changes, the Swedish had their UNION go in and arrange for cheap PCs with tax break for their workers, for them to gain IT skills (why do you think Sweden got such a huge broadband market?!), Germans arrange mass protests in their hundred of thousands, Italy gets their government thrown out by a vote of mistrust, the Irish? They whine at the pub and keep on paying for ****ty service while all stay the same.

Now you can flame me properly ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I'd like to flame you except for the fact that most or all of what you have said is true. The last straw fo me was the response of the ppl to the backhanders Bertie recieved. It's the culture fostered by his predecessors is what has Ireland in this position(Eircom anyone). You can't really blame ppl complaining when they get crap services but doing the blaming from the armchair is not very effective.

Advertisement