Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding a sidebar

Options
  • 13-01-2007 2:40am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

OK - I'm probably asking a dumb question or one that can't be answered - it can just be done - but I'm looking to add a second sidebar to a wordpress theme (The Journalist theme, attached).

It already has one on the right hand side and I'd like to put another on the left so the actual body of text is more centred... I think the right one can be narrowed a bit more (to accommodate the new one and to ensure the body text isn't too squashed) but I think I can handle that much myself... but that's about all.

I messed around with the code to the best of my ability but basic HTML is about as far as my web design expertise goes - can anyone help?
    I would find a different theme with three columns built in from the ground up but I'm pretty set on this one and I've already made a few minor adjustments elsewhere to get it just the way I want it - this is the only bit that I can't get right that I'd like to.

Thanks for any help, advice or links you can give.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Where are all the php funtions called from? The theme has php functions that aren't defined, and as such we cant view the template.

Never mind, I downloaded a copy of WP. Here you are:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

That's excellent Mirror, many thanks!

No problem my good man!

Advertisement