Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lambo Murcielago LP640 Sighting?

Options
  • 13-01-2007 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Did my eyes deceive me or did I see a charcoal coloured LP640 driving down towards the N11 from Church Road, Killiney tonight? I was at traffic lights and only saw the back of it, seemed to be an Irish reg and I'm 95% sure it was a Lamborghini. I've seen the orange one before and it definitely wasn't that, even though I've seen that about 200 metres away from the sighting tonight! Was tempted to break the lights to chase it in my 91 Fiesta:D

If anyone knows who and where, you talk to your people and I'll talk to mine for a test drive;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Are you sure it was an lp640? These have only been recently released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I've seen the orange one around a bit alright but haven't heard of this LP640 and I imagine i'd hear it before seing it too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The reason I think it might be an LP640 is because it's just 07, I'm pretty sure it was the nice charcoal colour I've seen of the LP640 and that I haven't heard of any other Lambo in Ireland besides the Orange 04 - D one.

So thinking it could be new... new could = LP640:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Kitcar? Saw a Peugoet turned into a Ferrari on carzone.ie

Theres been a few lp640 wrecks...

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/lp640/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I seen a charcoal colord lambo in dublin and also the orange 04 and a black one too. the orange one pulled up beside me at a set of lights in te city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

the missus saw a blue murcielago ouside the merrion hotel today. she thinks it was a 07 model.

Could have been blue, black or charcoal, just wasn't the orange one;)

I'm jealous either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

There's definately a black Gallardo (the orange one) going around, but I think it's an 04.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

cormie wrote:
    Did my eyes deceive me or did I see a charcoal coloured LP640 driving down towards the N11 from Church Road, Killiney tonight? I was at traffic lights and only saw the back of it, seemed to be an Irish reg and I'm 95% sure it was a Lamborghini. I've seen the orange one before and it definitely wasn't that
    cormie, the moment the LP640 surfaced you have been obsessed with the car! If you saw an LP640 you would have been sure that it was an LP, let alone a Lamborghini. Are you sure it was a Lambo...?

The chances that there is an LP640 in Ireland are pretty small. There are a few Gallardo's - that's about it. There are one or two Murcielago's in Northern Ireland. The 40th Anniversary Murcielago that was in Dublin last summer is in Puerto Banus now. Des Cullen has one order for a Gallardo - no orders for a Murcielago.

What's the story with the blue Murcielago outside The Merrion...?

Everyone posting about the orange Gallardo - realise that the Murcielago can't be compared with it. The Gallardo is more like a Porsche 911 Turbo whereas the LP640 is more like the Carrera GT...

Yeah, to be honest, I didn't really get a good look, I had music on so didn't hear it coming and I was watching the lights when I just saw it in the corner of my eye, by which time I didn't get a proper look, and it was about 100 metres away when I did see it:o

It could well have been a Gallardo, the back of it didn't really look like the LP640, but it's just for the above reasons that I though it may well have been. The orange one was the only Lambo in Ireland I knew of:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mygt

For what it's worth I saw a sky blue right hand drive Gallardo Spyder with navy hood in Dublin yesterday. Car was on foreign plates though, not sure which country. White plate with blue letters.

Lovely car apart form the colour!

mygt wrote:
    For what it's worth I saw a sky blue right hand drive Gallardo Spyder with navy hood in Dublin yesterday. Car was on foreign plates though, not sure which country. White plate with blue letters.

Lovely car apart form the colour!
    Where did you see the Gallardo Spyder? Someone else posted that they saw it on the M50 a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure where the plates are from. The only place I can think of is Monaco?

dsc02700smallar5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I saw a white one on spanish plates a few weeks ago. think its the same.

Traumadoc wrote:
    I saw a white one on spanish plates a few weeks ago. think its the same.
    Gallardo Spider? He said the one he saw was blue - I think he's talking about this colour...

2026115ggu6.jpg

Nah, it was much darker, that's a nice one though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

AJ! wrote:
    Where did you see the Gallardo Spyder? Someone else posted that they saw it on the M50 a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure where the plates are from. The only place I can think of is Monaco?

dsc02700smallar5.jpg
    Says Monaco on the bottom of the reg plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

There are two gallardo's i see regularly an orange one and a black one in dalkey most of the time but i have never seen a murcielago on an irish road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mygt

AJ! wrote:
    Gallardo Spider? He said the one he saw was blue - I think he's talking about this colour...

2026115ggu6.jpg

AJ, that's the exact colour. Spotted in Ballsbridge opposite RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i have seen a limited edition murcielago. My friend also got a video of it.It was around september of last year outside the parkwest autopoint. cormie i havent seen a lp640 but it might be true as theres alot of money around ireland.Theres loads of f430's,aston martins so people might want something different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

DonJose wrote:
    Theres been a few lp640 wrecks...

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/special/lp640/

at the bottom of that page it says a wife of an "internet tycoon" who was killed when HE crashed a GT is suing Porsche because the car is too hard to drive at high speeds........ I think ive heard of everything now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

but it might be true as theres alot of money around ireland
    There's a lot of credit around ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Saw that kind of baby blue one passing the RDS during the week, was on irish plates I think!

Advertisement