Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DNS servers having trouble?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

I'm in maynooth and have been having the same problem over the last week - intermittant connectivity - i can always ping the eircom DNS but not google.ie or bbc.co.uk etc.
    I rang eircom today and after holding for 35 mins they tried to tell me that the firmware on my modem was the problem because they had not recieved any other reports of problems from other users! I eventually had to give trying to explain that the problem was on thier end..... their suggestion is that i ring back when the connection is down so that they can troubleshoot.

I'm looking into other providers as of tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

Finally got through to eircom and told the gut not to even start asking me to troubleshoot my network because I knew it wasn't me that was the problem. finally got passed onto to someone else who was quiet helpful and told me that there was a port down (is a port not just a virtual entity that they need to open??) in the Nangor exchange and that they have no idea when it will be back he also mentioned there were outages in other parts of the country too. I know it's no particular help to anyone but at least it was an admitance to a problem exsisting. Next on my list is to tell them I'm not paying for the last week and a half and any further days I have no connection going forward :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

This issue was resolved night of the 13th, can see from the thread. I remember reading this and checking.

Any other problems you are having are unrelated to what ever eircom peering partner that had issues that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dandelion

Using Eircom Broadband in office for 4 years, no issues till yesterday. Intermittent access only, got worse today. Almost no access this am, some sites work, some don't. Spent hours on phone with Eircom, I'm the only one with a problem, rebooted servers, changed default dns servers, still terrible.

We use a variety of sites in our work so need regular access.

Guess its just you and me, the rest of Ireland is happy it seems. My instinct tells me its an Eircom DNS or bandwidth issue, If I'm right the problem will continue till the kids go back to school.

Advertisement