Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shilpa

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

What?
    That's disgraceful!
    You can almost hear the braincells hitting off each other like half a dozen marbles in a bowling ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yah I only just read it now on Digital Spy (I didn't actually see it). Feckin' disgraceful it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

miss piggy = jade . numb nuts = boyfriend jack , pauline fowler = yer one from s club 7 , and tits for brains = danielle
    thier like a gaggle of geese or is it a covern of witches
    as carol said earlier when telling shilpa that jades mom jackie resents her because the underclass abhors someone with as much beauty sophistication and style as shilpa , they feel threatend by them
    unfortunatly due to the fact that the big brother fanbase is overwhelmingly chavy
    it will not have the slightest affect on theese morons with the voting public
    shilpa has as much chance of winning as jade has of being able to pronounce the word influential
    jade could win the thing and daniell probably will , this might seem hard to fathom but trust me ppl , you will never go broke when appealing to the lowest common denominator

as for the men , what a bunch of chickeny ****s , dirk is completly withdrawn into himself , if he loves shilpa so much , how come he doesnt stand up for her
    jermaine , well hes a jackson so how normal can he be , as weve seen , hes normal compared to his bro michael but then again everything is relative
    H , what a tosser and a fake, its not that the guy is as bent as a 9 bob note
    ive nothing against that , but hes such a brown nose , even the one whos ass hes kissing is a trash queen like jade, the guy is such a fence sitter
    the whole thing is very distastefull at this stage , with the treatment of shilpa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I saw it on the live feed, totally disgusting. Shilpa should walk out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Are Shilpa and Jermaine up for eviction?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

I really hope this is the ruination of Jade's "Career" But as someone pointed out on another thread She is the Scumbag queen of Britain & hence has the support
    of Hordes of dumb British scumbags.
    Danielle reminds me of a schoolkid who is nice as pie when mummy is around & a C_NT in the playground.
    Shes hanging out with jade & thinking of the ££££ & how often she'll be asked to flash her knockers in NUTS magazine.
    Jo i didn't think was too bad but its worth pointing out that she gave up being the talented one in sclub 7 to be a Bulldog breeder???(or something)
    pack of KUNTS.
    H is just too scared of the bitches,Dirk cant even engage in a normal coversation cos he seems to have trouble understanding the CHAVVY accents.
    Jermaine is too timid & Cleo is doing her best.
    I cant help thinking that Donny (twat that he was) or Ken mightve stood up to themjust for a bit of anti-jade aggro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Agreed agreed agreed people!

However, the word on Big Mouth seems to be totally against Jade and her cronies - I haven't heard anyone stand up for them except for that Sezer muppet who was harping on on BBC 24 last night about how they are editing and manipulating what the public see - but if that was the case surely they'd be trying to cover up the bullying. They say no publicity is bad publicity but in this case I don't think this applies.

What we don't see on BBC or Big Mouth are the tonnes of chavvy spectators populating Britian who will vote to keep in the likes of Jade, Danielle and Jo in. Jade was always a scum bag but it could have gone well for Jo and Danielle at the start with the image they were projecting but you can't hide the true you for long in that house as we saw only too well with Leo Sayer!!

The show was a crock from the start and now it's like being a fly on the wall during a 4th class primary school lunch break.

Let's see the downtrodden succeed for once and the instigators punished!

SHILPA TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

I hope she wins, she's a lady, she's stunning and she's handling herself very well....i'd have gone postal on those mindless muppets a week ago...did I mention she's a roide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Ok, so I haven't seen the footage you're talking about, and that link doesn't go anywhere anymore... but thought I would throw in my tuppence worth anyhow.

To be totally honest, I don't like Shilpa.
    I think that she is very vain, very snobbish, very patronising and extremely attention seeking.

It drives me crazy when she acts like a innocent child, asking Jermaine and Dirk 'why don't they like me?'.
    She is 31 years old, she was offish and snobbish from the beginning, she believed herself to be superior to Jade and Danielle from the moment she met them and that came across in the way she spoke to them, about them (in the diary room), and the way she looked at them, disapprovingly, without saying anything at all.

Jade and Danielle are not the sharpest tools in the box, rather then prove her wrong by showing themselves as intelligent and classy, they proved her right, by being brash, loud and common.

BUT (before someone murders me) I don't think she deserves to be treated as she is being treated by the girls.

AND, for what its worth, I don't think the girls are racist. I think they are bitches, and bullies, but I honestly don't think Shilpa's race comes into it.

They don't like her and will slag off everything about her, and if that means saying something that isn't P.C then so be it.

Ignorance and bitchiness is what we are looking at, in my opinion, not racism.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

irish_bob wrote:
    miss piggy = jade . numb nuts = boyfriend jack , pauline fowler = yer one from s club 7 ,

I think you mean Pat Butcher...

• Advertisement

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Ok, so I haven't seen the footage you're talking about .

Then can you really make an informed decision on all aspects of what people are saying...
    Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    AND, for what its worth, I don't think the girls are racist. I think they are bitches, and bullies, but I honestly don't think Shilpa's race comes into it..

All of the following things are racist. The definition of racism is:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others
    The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language

Continuous mocking of her cooking to the point where it is stated that Indian's don't cook their food properly and that's why they're so skinny, it just runs through them.
    Referring to someone as "The Indian" instead of her name (Jackie)
    Calling her a dog (Danielle)
    Talking about how they eat with their hands in India and worried about where Shilpa's hands had been before she prepared their dinner (Jo and Danielle)
    Saying "everything she does just aggravates me" without reason (Jo)
    Saying he "hates" her (Jack)
    Telling her to pick bones and meat out of the toilet with her teeth which he helped her pour down (Jack)

...hate is a very strong word to use without any remote reason for feeling this way about someone. Such an unfounded dislike could totally be put down to a lack of understanding of someone's race or culture.

Also, it seems they are designing situations in which to pick on her. Her cooking supposedly gave them diahorrea (:rolleyes: ) yet they didn't step in to cook the next dinner. Instead they used the situation to mock her further from their thrones on the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

All of the following things are racist. The definition of racism is:

The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others
    The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
    Continuous mocking of her cooking to the point where it is stated that Indian's don't cook their food properly and that's why they're so skinny, it just runs through them.
    Not racist. just poor taste. (no pun intended)
    She is Indian. Would it be racist to refer to Dirk as "The American"?
    Accusing her of wanting to be white because she is bleaching facial hair (Danielle)
    Didn't happen.
    How is that even remotely racist?
    Talking about how they eat with their hands in India and worried about where Shilpa's hands had been before she prepared their dinner (Jo and Danielle)
    Danielle asked if it was Indian or Chinese people who eat with their hands. Not racism, just ignorance and idiocy.
    Yeah, because hating someone who isn't the same race as you is racism. right?
    no. it's wrong, Jo is allowed to be aggrivated by someone and their race shouldn't come into it.
    This is really stretching it.
    Telling her to pick bones and meat out of the toilet with her teeth which he helped her pour down (Jack)
    that's just him being a scumbag and nothing else.
    ...hate is a very strong word to use without any remote reason for feeling this way about someone. Such an unfounded dislike could totally be put down to a lack of understanding of someone's race or culture.
    it couold also be put down to the fact that they really don't like her.

Also, it seems they are designing situations in which to pick on her. Her cooking supposedly gave them diahorrea (:rolleyes: ) yet they didn't step in to cook the next dinner. Instead they used the situation to mock her further from their thrones on the sofa.

They are racists and bullys
    i suggest you look back at your evidence and reconsider your own definition of racism.
    Danielle, Jo, Jack and Jade may be idiots and complete chavs, but they are not racist.
    at the end of the day, Shilpa comes out the other end looking like a lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Then can you really make an informed decision on all aspects of what people are saying...
    Didn't want to start a new thread just to voice my opinion

This isn't racist, it is just completely ignorant and stupid.
    She wanted to wind Shilpa up, she succeeded. It's no different to calling Danielle 'the scouse girl'.
    Accusing her of wanting to be white because she is bleaching facial hair (Danielle)
    I watched that live feed and never heard Danielle say this.
    How is this racist?
    Well Shilpa put her hands onto someone else's plate and touched their food. I would want to know where her hands had been too. That's just bad manners.
    Maybe everything she does DOES just aggravate her. She doesn't like Shipla at all, she doesn't like being around her. This is not racist.
    Very childish thing to say. Shows ignorance, not racism
    Very childish thing to say. Shows ignorance, not racism.

They are racists and bullys

They are bullies, they are stupid, but I don't think they are racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ah come on Sherie love, not racist at all, extremely nasty and horrible - yes but racist - no. They are just stupid ignorent people people that live in a bubble and dont understand anyone elses culture at all.
    I see where people are coming from and have a point maybe but you have to look at the so called racists, they are just thick and nasty.
    We would all be classified as racists by your definition, its just ignorence and stupidity most of the time, probably too harsh to label them as racists, but feel free to call them anything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I said earlier that I believe it to be nasty and bullying but not necessarliy racist.

Rancid Pigface Goody told Jermaine that she is mixed race and indeed will use this to dismiss the racist allegation when she leaves the house, likewise Jo S Club is best mates with Bradley S Club.

Lets just called blatant bullying and tackle that.

Then deep fry Rancid Pigface Goody.

I stick by all of my points so it appears that we will all have to agree to differ then, as I am sure you will agree, I'm not the only one who believes there is racism involved here and you are not the only ones who believe there isn't. <As I read the point regarding the facial hair discussion on another forum I have removed it as it is the only thing I didn't witness myself and therefore cannot stand by it>

Racism and the definition of it is a grey area which is probably why there is so much debate about whether the show should be pulled on these grounds or not.

Remember, it was the racist element of it that was raised in the House of Commons.

I guess the whole argument is centered around whether their diabolical behaviour towards her is based on race or character or both.

I'm not condoning anyone else's racist comments either, by the by, which I have heard mentioned in the house...

Well it appears that we will all have to agree to differ then, as I am sure you will agree, I'm not the only one who believes there is racism involved here and you are not the only ones who believe there isn't.

Racism and the definition of it is a grey area which is probably why there is so much debate about whether the show should be pulled or not.

It was the racist element that was raised in the House of Commons, not bullying though I do agree that that is also playing a major part.

It has to be said that they are sailing very close to wind and it bordering on racism. Its just that the race card gets called so often, it can be devalued a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Big Bigot they are calling it now. They can't even get their racism right, calling her a Paki, when she is actually from India. It shows the level of intelligence of people that are on it, but then what more would you expect of a show of this kind? That is why I would never watch it. Now, for a much higher level of entertainment and excitement, does anyone know where there is some wet paint that I can watch drying?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, it's not racist, it's simply stupidity and bullying!

I agree with Mrs. Doyle in that I find Shilpa annoying but I would stand up for anyone who was being bullied.

The first person to mention race in the house was Jermaine Jackson talking about him and Shilpa being the only perole of colour in the house. He has mentioned this a few times.

The house of commons have mentioned race because Britain is becoming very like America - everything is about race over here. I'm Irish and have experienced a number of anti-Irish racist remarks, comments and taunts and I'm not the only one.

What's happening to Shilpa isn't even covert racism, it's a bunch of ignorant, ill-educated, socially-lacking idiots ganging up on another girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It was the racist element that was raised in the House of Commons

Ever hear of the phrase "jumping on the bandwagon"? That's all this "racism" stuff is. It's like some kind of alchemy, converting ignorance and stupidity into claims of "racism" which is then being lapped up by media outlets who polish it up and report it further which in turn makes it even more news worthy, creating a self-fufilling publicity storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Christ Almighty!! What is it with these programmes that make people over react? :rolleyes:

It's not racism, it's ignorance and bullying. Jade Goody was in the diary room the other night asking if Eskimos were real people FFS!! And her tool of a boyfriend didn't know what an Embryo was, asking "What's an Enfreeo?" :rolleyes:

The fact of the matter is, a 31 one year old adult (yeah that's right, ADULT) is being picked on by a group of chavvy skanks on a reality tv show. Granted it's not nice to see, (someone being bullied never is), but if Shilpa had a real problem with it she could leave the show whenever she wanted to.

People always seem to forget that with these type of reality shows the contestants are there purely for personal gain. It's amazing that over 10,000 have complained by email about "racist behaviour" to the producers of the show.

There are a lot more serious issues in the world to be complaining about rather than the treatment of a contestant of a reality tv show FFS!

Flukey wrote:
    Big Bigot they are calling it now. They can't even get their racism right, calling her a Paki, when she is actually from India. It shows the level of intelligence of people that are on it, but then what more would you expect of a show of this kind? That is why I would never watch it. Now, for a much higher level of entertainment and excitement, does anyone know where there is some wet paint that I can watch drying?

Well that word is a catch-all for that region. And there is an anti-BB thread for the rest of your remarks.

Flukey wrote:

If you don't watch it how do you know these things and why are you browsing around and posting in the Big Brother Forum?

BaZmO* wrote:
    Ch
    There are a lot more serious issues in the world to be complaining about rather than the treatment of a contestant of a reality tv show FFS!

I agree but perhaps their behaviour towards her is a sign of what is going on out there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

If you don't watch it how do you know these things and why are you browsing around and posting in the Big Brother Forum?

I know about it because it is all over the media. I came in here to post because when I arrived on Boards, it was on the list of most recents posts on the entry page. We all post on threads about subjects that we may have no direct knowledge of.
    Well that word is a catch-all for that region.

Well no it isn't actually, for anyone with a bit of intelligence. It is like the Irish being called British or the Germans being called Spanish. There is a very big difference between India and Pakistan. Even then, the correct word should be Pakistani. As Cherieamour says, this lack of basic knowledge and this blatant racism is a sign of what is going on out there.

Flukey wrote:

Well no it isn't actually, for anyone with a bit of intelligence. It is like the Irish being called British or the Germans being called Spanish. There is a very big difference between India and Pakistan. Even then, the correct word should be Pakistani. As Cherieamour says, this lack of basic knowledge and this blatant racism is a sign of what is going on out there.

Maybe I should have made myself clearer, that might be the lack of intelligence:rolleyes: The word "paki" is a derisory catch-all term for the entire sub-continent, so someone could be quite happy using that word for people from India, Pakistan or Bangladesh or even Southall, West London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I stick by all of my points so it appears that we will all have to agree to differ then, as I am sure you will agree, I'm not the only one who believes there is racism involved here and you are not the only ones who believe there isn't. <As I read the point regarding the facial hair discussion on another forum I have removed it as it is the only thing I didn't witness myself and therefore cannot stand by it>

Racism and the definition of it is a grey area which is probably why there is so much debate about whether the show should be pulled on these grounds or not.

Remember, it was the racist element of it that was raised in the House of Commons.

I guess the whole argument is centered around whether their diabolical behaviour towards her is based on race or character or both.

I'm not condoning anyone else's racist comments either, by the by, which I have heard mentioned in the house...

Em...I don't want to start a fight or anything but 2 people have proved your points ridiculous. They are not being racist at all. Why you are being so sensitive to the matter actual annoys me in fact, as you are obviously outraged by their behaviour to Shilpa simply because she is Indian. If she was a normal chav like Jade, and everyone was being horrible you wouldn't be so outraged. I'm sorry but none of the points you made are because of racism.

Anyway, I agree with Mrs Doyle. I don't like Shilpa because she's very snobby and everytime I turn on BB the only thing she does is look for attention and moan to Jermaine "Why don't they like me? Why don't they like me?" it gets annoying.

(Exactly the same as Mrs Doyle's post, I know...)

I do however think that how they are treating her is unfair. She's nice when she's not being so patronising and annoying and she doesn't deserve the treatment she's getting. She should walk out.

It appears Danielle has finally realised that this may look bad on the outside.

Em...I don't want to start a fight or anything but 2 people have proved your points ridiculous. .

So what your saying is that you cannot have a different opinion to other people on here and by virtue of the fact that there are 2 of them and 1 of me means my opinions are 'ridiculous'. The whole of Britian is divided over race issues at this current time. Should we ignore and discredit one side because the other thinks they're right? Not very mature or productive.
    They are not being racist at all. .

In your opinion. There are 16,000 people, some of whom feel it is a race issue and that felt strongly enough about it to lodge a complaint.
    Why you are being so sensitive to the matter actual annoys me in fact, as you are obviously outraged by their behaviour to Shilpa simply because she is Indian. If she was a normal chav like Jade, and everyone was being horrible you wouldn't be so outraged. I'm sorry but none of the points you made are because of racism. .

I am outraged because it is the bullying that is the surface symptom. I have known people that were bullied badly and wouldn't wish it upon anyone. For this reason it offends me that you have described the level of my concern about another human being, on a reality show or otherwise, as "annoying". How can you make the statment that I "wouldn't be so outraged" if she was, what you call a "normal chav"?

If you actually read my post you would understand that I am aware of and disgusted by the bullying but am questioning the root of it - dislike of Shilpa as a person or race related, that is all. There are 2 possibilities not 1 as you are accusing me of flouting.

Okay, enough people have said they don't agree with me now, I get it. I can and will still have my own opinion and you can have yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

a few points 1st , this thing seems to have turned into a diplomatic incident between the uk and india which is really over the top
    while shilpa is being treated appalingly by a bunch of white trash low lifes
    apart from jades boyfriend jack referring to shilpa as a paki
    thier have been no directly or indirectly made explicit racists comments and i agree that the racist card is played all to often theese days
    i watched a programme at 8 pm on chanell 4 the other night about how a guy went undercover at a birmingham mosque for 6 months, what he encounterd there was not only racism , its was terrorism , i saw nothing on the news about that or heard anything about arrests being made

however , thier are a number of things that do bother me about this whole ugly spectacle in the big brother house and how different people percieve , defend and justify it
    i heard an old lady on the radio not long ago say that thier are no young ladys any longer in ireland , while this is quite likely the case, it is not the case in countrys like india
    shilpa is accused repeatedly in here by people for being snobbish and stuck up and that this is the reason for her bullying
    what theese people see as snobisness , i see as refinement , class , self respect , femininity and above all dignity
    due to the likes of jade goody who is an extreme example or even previous big brother winners like kate lawlor who is a pretty nice girl but is a ladette ,
    not a lady , this kind of young woman is regarded as the norm
    young women who are lady like are sneered at , much better to get your tits out and aspire to be on the cover of loaded than to be a shilpa type charechter
    in the uk and to a degree ireland , the culture is entirely different to india
    shilpa would be more than likely not especially lady like over there
    while in earlier posts , i said that the underclass like jade , her mom and the other 3 nit wits cannot deal with someone as classy as shilpa
    now im not so sure , i think its is possibly a much broader social group in the uk and ireland who see someone with as much feminine charm as shilpa

the claim that shilpa is a snob or that shes stand offish is baffling to me
    would someone who is a snob do all the cooking , not only is she a stunningly beautifull woman but she is quite the gourmet
    i think im actually in love with the woman and im sure im not alone

to reiterate , i think the racism line is at this stage being over blown but thiers one thing we need to keep in mind
    shilpa and the rest of them of course are completly ignorant of the storm that has blown up over thier so none of this shilpa gets too look like a saint due to the demonisation of the 3 hags and numb nuts jack
    its neither shilpas fault that they are threatend by her class , nor is it shilpas fault that the media has gone to town on the issue either

SHILPA TO WIN

Advertisement