Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Puddin!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

sudzs wrote: »
    I'm in England and miss Clonakilty black pudding. :(

But have found the next best thing! Ramseys Black Pudding from Scotland. Have to order it online though, but it is a really really good bit of pud! :D

Sainsbury's used to stock Clonakilty pudding. That could have changed, but if close to one you could take a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭sudzs

Sergeant wrote: »
    Sainsbury's used to stock Clonakilty pudding. That could have changed, but if close to one you could take a look!

Thanks for that! I just checked their online shop and there's only one type that I've tried and it failed to impress! No sign of Clonakilty at all. :(

I might try a few of the actual supermarkets!

At least Kerrygold is readily available! Nothing compares! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Boyfriend hates it but I love it :p I'm going to make a fry tomorrow for breakfast with lots of black pudding :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Was in Sneem Co.Kerry and bought some homemade black pudding in Burn's Butchers. the best I have ever tasted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Also a big fan of black Pudding, Rudd's for me. Scrambled egg, with black pudding on toasted ciabatta...yum yum in my tum.

Rudds is the best!! I dont understand the fascination with the clonakilty pudding :confused: like it's ok but nothing special IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

newman10 wrote: »
    Was in Sneem Co.Kerry and bought some homemade black pudding in Burn's Butchers. the best I have ever tasted:)

That stuff is good, alright!

Inch House black pudding is also very good but expensive.

Rosscarbery make very nice pudding (nicest white pudding around imo).

Staunton's black pudding is also very tasty.

But I always find myself coming back to Clonakilty.

Mmmmmmm black pudding and hot sauce ....mmmmmmmmmmmM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Going off on a tangeant ......... does anyone have a recipe? A friend of mine is going to make some shortly - and thought that me being an expert would know the mix :). Unfortunately, I'm only good at eating them :o ..... hot or cold. Anyone's Mammy who made them in the old days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Black pudding, soft fried eggs and a bit of toast. Good Jesus i'd murder that now. Unbelievable stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

The mother is from Athea and would love to try it if it was available in Dublin. None of the family live there anymore so wont be down. Anyone know where in Dub to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

The nicest black pudding i have ever tasted is Annascaul Black Pudding.

show it the heat just to crisp it and it tastes devine

its a fresh blood pudding totally different from anything else i have tasted.

can get it in tralee in a few places otherwise its available in Annascaul itself.

http://www.annascaulblackpudding.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

My father got a gift pack of organic lamb items at Christmas, in it was some organic lambs blood pudding. My god it was savage! I'll try and find out where it was from but real blood pudding is the only way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 adrianm1234

Athea black pudding is hands down the best you can get. The white is fab too. find it try it you won't regret it .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Athea black pudding is hands down the best you can get. The white is fab too. find it try it you won't regret it .

No affiliation I guess?

ps welcome to boards and posting in a 4 year old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 43 adrianm1234

Thanks for the welcome. Its about my first post ever. No affiliation whatsoever. Was just having some this morning and was curious about who made it, googled it and was led here. My wife is from that part of the country and i always try and buy some as i dont know of anywhere in Galway selling Athea bp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi adrianm1234, welcome to boards. It's generally frowned upon to bump threads that are more than 6 months old as the information is outdated. New threads can be started in the case of a new query, but there's no need to contribute information to an ancient thread as the original question has long been answered. As such, I'm locking this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement