Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remake of flash gordon and two new sci-fi shows

• 13-01-2007 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

# Flash Gordon, a new 22-episode series produced in Canada and based on the classic comic strip. The new series is produced by Robert Halmi, Sr. and Robert Halmi, Jr., and will premiere in July.

# Revolution, a new sci-fi series from CBS Paramount Network Television. The show tells the story of a U.S. space colony in the farthest reaches of the galaxy that finds itself under siege from its own homeworld -- Earth.

# Tin Man, a new sci-fi fantasy take on "The Wizard of Oz." The mini-series will co-star Tony Award winning actor Alan Cumming, and is also produced the the Halmi's RHI Entertainment. It will air in December on SCI FI.

Revolution sounds like it could be good

I remember watching the cartoon of flash Gordon years ago so ill probbley check out the first 3 episodes of it

Is tin man already out? i haven't heard anything on it so it might not be that good

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Revolution sounds like it could have promise alright.

Edit: Tin Man is for next December, going into production this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Lads the best thing on TV at the mo, well aside from BSG, is Heroes, or rather it will be.
    Bro downloaded the 1st 11 episodes and its awesome, very good indeed.
    One of the things that really struck me though is the fact that it is the first truely colour blind piece of media I have ever seen.
    The colour of a man or womans skin is never even mentioned nor does it have any ramifications in the show for the characters, a man/woman is simply that, the race is inconsequential, just as it should be.
    This show is about a group of people who are exhibiting various abilities and are trying to deal with the personal results of these changes, while a darker story is played out in the background with events overtaking all, breathtaking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Heroes is good alright, has some interesting idea's though I'm only upto episode 7 myself and with the complete series of Space: Above & Beyond arriving in the post today it might be a while before I catch up :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

SAAB what a show i love it so pissed off it got cancelled :( and what a terrible clif hanger i remember watching that every weekend on sky1 my favurate episode is episode 16 (i think)

Advertisement