Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT validity period

Options
  • 13-01-2007 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I bought an imported car in September of 2006. The car was first brought into ireland in september. It was a UK reg 2002 (March) car.

As such if it was an irish car it was due an nct from march 06. I was called for the NCT almost immediately on registering. The car went through the NCT and passed. But the nct is only valid until feb 08. A validity period of 16months for me.

This is grossly unfair. An NCT should be valid for 2 years. I understand if someone is due an NCT and stalls for say 1 year, then they should only have it valid for one year from the time it was due.

However in the case of an imported car it seems pretty harsh. The car had an unexpired uk mot when it was imported and what of a march 02 registered car imported in jan 08. It would have been due an nct in march 06, valid for two years to march 08. Will they give the car a one month cert when it's put through in Jan 08?

Ridiculous state of affairs if you ask me. Bureaucracy never works!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I got a car NCT'd 11 months late (just after i bought it) and they issued a cert for 13 months.

My mate got a car NCT'd 23 months late, and got a cert valid for 25 months.

Pretty typical of Irish bureaucracy really.

Advertisement