Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Season game in London

Options
  • 13-01-2007 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I would say the reason for the Giants v Dolphins game is 1 because it is NFC v AFC and it is not a rival or an important Division game. No way would any of the owners have agreed to playing rival or divisional or big money games away from home(the US that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They've started to turn it around and it'll bee interesting to see what the new coach can do. If Daunte Culpepper can come back they'll be a far better team this year. It'd still be great to see the likes of Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor and Chris Chambers. maybe Ricky Williams will even make it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have they confirmed this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

kensutz wrote:
    Have they confirmed this yet?

The game yes. Who's playing No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

how will ticketin work, also any dates being talked about yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ticketmaster I'd imagine would sell them. I'm defo going to consider going.

It's going to be a regular season and with things getting hectic towards the playoffs I'd imagine it will be in the first 5-6 weeks of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

registered for my tickets. £65

I keep getting this gay error message :rolleyes: Will try again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

The error message is gone.. i was getting that over the last couple of days as well...

I registered ok for tickets.... I heard though on the NFL coverage on Sky that they had over 100,000 people already interested in tickets....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

does anyone have a link where you can register for tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭kaizersoze123

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Time to setup an Offical trip thread. Or just use this one I suppose.

There is 4 of us heading over. Booked our flights, leaving on the 27th Oct and coming back on the Monday evening.
    I would say the interest level they are referring to is over exhagerated. All 4 of us have registered for 4 tickets just to make sure we do manage to get them.

The only advise I will offer to those when buying tickets, do not take anything lower than say 15 rows to the pitch. In all the american stadia row 1 is 8 feet over the pitch so it doesn't matter but wembly goes right to pitch side, so you would spend most of the game looking at the backs of the players.

We must arrange a get together for boardsies over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I agree with the above I remember going to the notre dame vs navy game in croke park, had touchline seats and saw hardly anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

So What's the story? Do you just register your interest and that guarantees you a ticket or is it a case of fingers crossed? And if you (for example) register for 4 £65 tickets, and they all go does that mean you can't get cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think they are just asking for what price you're willing to pay to try and figure out what prices to set for the tickets. Say they were planning on selling the tickets for £35 but 75% of people said they were willing to pay £80 then they'd be foolish not to set the prices at that level.

I don't think you're guarenteed a ticket. But will be notified before they go on sale in the outlets. However, I'm guessing that they're trying to get rid of all the tickets online as that would cut out the costs of having to physically sell them. Think back to Oxygen (correct spelling is censored :S) last year where they went on sale online first and the majority were sold there as opposed to the TicketMaster outlets!

dulpit wrote:
    So What's the story? Do you just register your interest and that guarantees you a ticket or is it a case of fingers crossed? And if you (for example) register for 4 £65 tickets, and they all go does that mean you can't get cheaper?

From what I understand, if there are enough tickets and you are far enough up the list (perhaps), you will be given priority before general sale. I'd say they will be all sold out before they ever reach general sale to be honest.

You are not guaranteed a ticket....

I eventually got it to work. It would be nice to get some tickets but I ain't going to be crying if I don't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

bit premature booking stuff already. Gonna be very hard to get tickets for this. Remember tickets will most likely be made available stateside first.

From BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/6339425.stm

Ticket rush for NFL Wembley game

Wembley is due to open this Spring
    The NFL game to be played at the new Wembley Stadium on 28 October is already guaranteed to be a sell-out.
    Around 160,000 fans requested more than 500,000 tickets in just three days following last Friday's pre-Super Bowl confirmation of the teams and venue.

Miami will face the New York Giants in the first regular-season NFL game to be staged outside of the Americas.

"Nearly all the requests have come from UK-based fans," said NFL UK managing director Alistair Kirkwood.

"These figures do not take into account the allocation of tickets for Dolphins and Giants fans from the US.

"So we anticipate a very quick sell-out when tickets go on sale in early March."

Wembley is expecting to seat between 85,000-90,000 for the game

• Advertisement

bobby wade wrote:
    bit premature booking stuff already. Gonna be very hard to get tickets for this. Remember tickets will most likely be made available stateside first.

From BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/6339425.stm

Ticket rush for NFL Wembley game

Wembley is due to open this Spring
    The NFL game to be played at the new Wembley Stadium on 28 October is already guaranteed to be a sell-out.
    Around 160,000 fans requested more than 500,000 tickets in just three days following last Friday's pre-Super Bowl confirmation of the teams and venue.

Miami will face the New York Giants in the first regular-season NFL game to be staged outside of the Americas.

"Nearly all the requests have come from UK-based fans," said NFL UK managing director Alistair Kirkwood.

"These figures do not take into account the allocation of tickets for Dolphins and Giants fans from the US.

"So we anticipate a very quick sell-out when tickets go on sale in early March."

Wembley is expecting to seat between 85,000-90,000 for the game

Methinks that a good chunk of those are people who have either registered for tickets more than once, or else people who are chancing their arm but in the end will not actually buy those tickets... Also possibly throw touts in as well... I'm actually quite surprised by interest though, who knew it was so popular in UK? Although I'm guessing a lot has to do with the superbowl being on Sunday last (clever lads in the NFL)...

So as i said, fingers crossed....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

50000 of the 160000 are just me re-registering with different names.

Well got an email today saying that the last day for registering your interest is in like 2 days or next week or something (i deleted it...) and apparently tickets are due on sale in 2 months... So what do we think? Will we be able to actually get our hands on some tickets???

dulpit wrote:
    Well got an email today saying that the last day for registering your interest is in like 2 days or next week or something (i deleted it...) and apparently tickets are due on sale in 2 months... So what do we think? Will we be able to actually get our hands on some tickets???

Same email as before if you have registered once you do not need to do it again. As for tickets who knows. Don't think the NFL even know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It wouldn't make any business sense for them to offer the tickets stateside. The whole point of this is to increase interest in American Football in Europe.

It wouldn't make any business sense for them to offer the tickets stateside. The whole point of this is to increase interest in American Football in Europe.

I actually don't think a whole lot of tickets will be taken by the 2 teams by regular joe soaps, but I am worried about the whole corporate side of things, businesses flying execs over to their London office for weekend and stuff, could swallow up a good lot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johndylan

My sister works for RBS and lives near Wembley - her bosses are mighty excited about the Game, big interest. Also, maybe I'm paranoid, but seeing as it is a Dolphins' home game, was I utterly stupid to tell them that I'd be supporting the Giants??? Flight booked out of Cork regardless, it'll be a good weekend with or without a ticket...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sorry for butting in here lads, but am quite a fan of this NFL stuff myself. So when I saw this, I said I had to try and get a ticket. Seems cool just to have the possibility to be able to get to an actual NFL match. Not even sure will I have the money to go, but ya know, would be a laugh anyway. Appears I got in just in time with registering. And if I get them and cant make it for some reason, someone here can have it, someone more dedicated to this sport than me.

P.S. ordered one ticket at the £45 pound rate

You would be wrong in fact as this is a regular season game the season ticket holders are entitled to tickets especially who ever is scheduled as the home team. A friend of mine is a Dolphins season ticket holder and him and 5 of his buddies have applied for tickets and yes sir are guaranteed them. 25-30K of the stadium will go stateside over the next month. The season ticket holders have already been offered them first.

• Advertisement

johndylan wrote:
    My sister works for RBS and lives near Wembley - her bosses are mighty excited about the Game, big interest. Also, maybe I'm paranoid, but seeing as it is a Dolphins' home game, was I utterly stupid to tell them that I'd be supporting the Giants??? Flight booked out of Cork regardless, it'll be a good weekend with or without a ticket...

Nope fans regirlarly sit side by side at games in the NFL. Sure I have on two occasions sat in a Patriots jersey in among Atlanta season ticket holders and Vikings season ticket holders. They will obviously put their own season ticket holders in designated sections anyway depending on thr response from the US.

Advertisement