Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Season game in London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I keep reading/hearing tht the Dolphins have a massive following in Britain so I said I'd be following the Giants hoping there'd be less of "us"

Went for the £65 tickets (forgetting it was in sterling and not dollars or euro!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey, so just wondering if anybody has any updates? Apparently tickets will be available mid March (i.e. now...) any news?

Edit: Just checked http://www.nfllondon2007.com/tickets.aspx and it says that anybody who registered will be contacted in April... So fingers must remain crossed for a few weeks more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Must remember to eat before heading to the stadium

BBC News 24 thing on the open day this weekend.

£7 for fish and chips.

£7 for a hotdog(£4 small size)

Nothing available for vegetarians to eat unless they buy chips as part of a burger meal for £7 and throw the burger away

So if you want Chips , you have to pay the full £7 to get them as a meal.and even then they are just french fries, not actual chippy style ones.

£2.20 for 12 oz(330ml)can of coke

£1.50 pack of crisps( yes the small ones that cost 30 p in your newsagents)

As if 90,000 mugs paying £45 each to watch a footy game wasnt revenue enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I was at Wembley on Saturday and the queues for food were ridiculous. Some people ended up waiting 45 minutes to be served food and even at that they ended up being told that half of what was supposed to be on sale was sold out. Yes the food is pricey and you're better off going somewhere else beforehand or wait till after the game. Also bring something with you to keep you going during the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Stadiums including Croke Park hike prices for normal food items. Captive audience and all that. Wembley is no different in that regard.

jdivision wrote:
    Stadiums including Croke Park hike prices for normal food items. Captive audience and all that. Wembley is no different in that regard.
    They don't hike them up by over 300% as is the case in Wembley

jdivision wrote:

€3.20 for a can of coke is taking the p1ss though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The date for the ticket draw has been pushed back. New date is 19th May so we're not out of the running yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Dear NFL fan,

The moment you have been waiting for is almost here! Tickets will go on sale to those who submitted ticket requests via the nfllondon2007 website on 16th May 2007.

Back in February you requested to buy tickets for the historic first NFL game to be played outside of North America at Wembley Stadium on October 28 between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants.

As you may have read on nfluk.com, the response was overwhelming, with more than 500,000 ticket requests in just 72 hours. Since then we have been working hard on ensuring that we can get as many of you into the stadium as possible.

Obviously we cannot satisfy this incredible demand, but since you registered your interest in purchasing tickets you are in the queue. Look out for an email and a letter that will be sent in a few days time revealing if you are one of those lucky enough to be able to purchase tickets, and how to go about doing so.

These tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis, and therefore we cannot guarantee that you will be able to buy your tickets in the price category that you had previously indicated.

You will shortly receive an email to the email address you registered your ticket interest with (or the one that you requested to be updated to) explaining how you will make your purchase. This email will come from our official ticket partner for the game – Ticketmaster.

Should you for any reason miss the email from Ticketmaster, you will also receive a letter explaining the procedure for buying tickets.

Good luck buying your tickets – be sure to go online and make your purchase as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

We look forward to seeing you at Wembley.

Thanks,

nfluk

Most people have received the email above as of now. Tickets go on sale on the 16th. Ticketmaster will be emailing or posting those who got tickets the how to purchase advice within the next week.

• Advertisement

Ya got that email too... Looking forward to the hectic-ness (not a word but who cares?) or next week...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Eek, will you post the email where that arrived from so I can post it in my safe senders addresses. Or PM if you don't want to post it. I definately registered.

Yeah I didn't get th email, although I better check the junk folders to see if it went in there.

email came from noreply@nfllondon2007.com. If you check the nfl uk webpage, there's a good few people on their forums who haven't received that email either... (link)

Got the e-mail. Kinda hoping loads didn't. No offence lads, but its going to be a war to get these tickets

Dodge wrote:
    Got the e-mail. Kinda hoping loads didn't. No offence lads, but its going to be a war to get these tickets

Ya, you should go over to the nfluk fourms, people are freaking out about tickets... haha...

People in UK got a letter today giving them a code. Anyone here get that yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Dodge wrote:
    People in UK got a letter today giving them a code. Anyone here get that yet?

A few guys up North in the IAFL got that same letter. I would say there is letters on route to Irish homes as we speak typical British to Irish mail service.

Just got the email from ticketb4stard to say I can buy 4 on the 16th; Tickets released @ 10am and are reserved for 5 days
    email wrote:
    You have previously told us that you would like the opportunity to purchase tickets for the Miami Dolphins v New York Giants match at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 28 October 2007, in accordance with the NFL's ticketing terms and conditions.

NFL UK and Ticketmaster are delighted to inform you that you have been given the opportunity to be among the first in the UK to purchase tickets for this historic event!

You are therefore entitled to buy up to 4 tickets to the game that will take place at Wembley Stadium on 28 October 2007 at 17:00

In order to buy tickets we invite you to visit our ticketing website www.nfllondon2007.com at 10:00 UK time on 16 May. Tickets will remain on sale to those lucky enough to be able to purchase tickets for 5 days, coming off-sale at 22:00 UK time on 20 May. In order to access the secure ticketing site you will need to use your personal password, listed below:

Password - xxxxxx <you really didnt think i was gonna leave it in did ya>
    Tickets for the game will be sent to you in September 2007. Please be advised that a strict no duplicate ticket policy applies to this match. Therefore, the NFL will not replace tickets that have been successfully distributed and delivered, but subsequently lost, stolen or destroyed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

theuy are not reseved - they are on a first come first served basis...

• Advertisement

Well lads seems I'm missing the boat so if anyone has one to spare I would gratefully accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

gerire wrote:
    Just got the email from ticketb4stard to say I can buy 4 on the 16th; Tickets released @ 10am and are reserved for 5 days

got the same!! whooo!

Same here. Allowed purchase 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Call_me_al wrote:
    theuy are not reseved - they are on a first come first served basis...

yeah, they are reserved, if the people given these codes do not take all tickets then the rest will go on public sale

i got 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I got my email and letter yesterday. I've been to a pre-season game for my beloved Giants but never to a regular season game.

Didn't get any email :(

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

ya I got the letter/email also on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

I got the email and letter(twice) saying I could buy two tickets. I didn't like the bit about first come first served, I smell a website crash.

Got the letter today (from NFL)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Didnt get anything. :( They made a complete balls it.

Advertisement