Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Season game in London

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Only certain people are getting letters. First round of tickets were allocated under a lottery system and there'll be more tickets released later

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jdivision wrote:
    Only certain people are getting letters. First round of tickets were allocated under a lottery system and there'll be more tickets released later

fingers crossed there will... the game is on the day after my birthday, was hoping to spend the weekend over there, before heading to game sunday evening.. oh well:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Didnt get anything. :( They made a complete balls it.

How I can't see anything being more fair then a lottery system especially when you consider the large amount of applications made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sea Devils wrote:
    How I can't see anything being more fair then a lottery system especially when you consider the large amount of applications made

Allowing some people buy 6-8 tickets when they are plenty of people who wont get any is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

no, just no...:mad: This has been done to death over on nfluk's site... There is no way in hell there is anything fairer than a straight lottery, otherwise somebody will be unfairly let out.. Speaking about been a member on nfluk for longer, how is that fair? What happens if you don't own a computer but are a die-hard? Or you don't have the net? Or just don't want to use that site?

So quit your whining and give over, I didn't get tickets myself and do i begrudge those that did? (or will) no... So grow up & stop your jealousy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

AFAIK nobody that asked for 4 was allowed get them. can't be too sure though

I'm definitely of the opinion that a lottery was the fairest way (and I say that as a long time member of NFLUK)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Dodge wrote:

I'm definitely of the opinion that a lottery was the fairest way (and I say that as a long time member of NFLUK)

They were, a few people even got 8. One chap asked for 6, and was allowed have 8 aswell.:confused:

Theres going to be a massive amount of tickets on ebay come september.

Apologies so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

4 should be the maximum you are allowed to purchase IMO. I agree that they will be all over ebay and making people buy so far in advance doesn't help, I'm not sure what might crop up in the next 6 months to stop me travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Got my letter (4 ticks) on Saturday. Don't know why there was post on Saturday. Roll on 10am tomorrow. Lets hope this doesn't turn into a fiasco like the IRFU supporters club offer for the England and France games.

I've been a member on NFL UK for years and no way do I beleive I'm entitled to Tickets ahead of everyone else. However I don't like the way and I'm not suggesting they are less fans but it seems a lot of the newbies contribute to the Ticket Thread. As the Website has loads of topics fans can discuss it surprises me people can just post there and no where else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Dodge wrote:

Both myself and a friend who registered interest on the first day are allowed 4. thing is we were just hedging our bets with the 4 of us all registering for 4 and 2 of us getting them.

Therefore I am proposing, depending on how tomorrow morning goes, that I will go ahead and buy my 4 aswell, and will sell them to the 1st 3 (another wants to come along now too) interested boardsies (those who do post on the football forum ) at face value to include booking fee + 1 pint in London;

Any takers? (Mods if this breaks the no sale of tickets rules please remove)

I would be a taker although I would need another ticket as well for my Dad which would be 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'll take the other 2 since I asked already.

In a possible sign of things to come in an hour, the NFLUK sitee is down due to "too many connections"

:D

Should be fun with ticketmaster

Good luck to whoever got those elusive letters and codes... Let us know how the buying process goes...

According to ticketmaster I have to wait 12 minutes to see if I can get my tickets, How many letters with codes did they send out???

Counter is ticking up now, wait of 13 mins...

is down to 3 now...

back up to 4...

Got my two tickets, they are not cheap!!! but hopefully will be worth it. Off to find a seating chart to see where I am sitting...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I got my 4 it took 9 minutes from 11.00 to 11.09

Got my 4 (total cost was £201.15)

Took about 5 minutes

Where are you sitting death? I've been to Wembley already and no matter where you sit the view is brilliant. The only thing is that you don't want to be at the very front because the pitch is raised higher than the seats so you won't see much.

PS Also don't forget if anyone has one/two spare I'll buy it

I'm up in the sky behind one of the end zones, should be a nice spot cos I have a good angle on the action (i'm not dead straight behind the goal) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Seating Chart Wembly Seating Chart

I'm up in the sky behind one of the end zones, should be a nice spot cos I have a good angle on the action (i'm not dead straight behind the goal) :D

Yeah it's not bad there, I was in block 532 for the under 21 match and now I'm in block 521 for the England vs Brazil match. If you want to see pictures of what the views might be like I can link you on to my flickr account so you can get a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

got two for section 124, just beyond the halfway line.. cant wait..

So how much were the tickets anyway? And how was the booking process? Site crash?

Seem to be from £45 - £75. Wish I got that email and letter :(

• Advertisement

Apparently it did for some in England but was smooth as silk for me.

Mine were the £45 tickets but there was £5 booking charge on each ticket and then another £5 delivery. Dearest tickets were £90

There was no will call or anything like that so nobody outside GB or Ireland could purchase them

Advertisement