Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Season game in London

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Got 4 for block 528 - should be looking down on one of the of the 40 yard lines. If it turns out that I don't get takers for all 4 I'll offer them here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

Giddyup can you keep me in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

I certainly will. It's on record here now;)

Here's a link to the wembley viewfinder. Not great but will give you an idea.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/seatsandboxes/viewFinder/

pict0014ko8.jpgpict0010ga9.jpg

2 views from block 524ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yeah the time limit went up and down for me but I got four. I went for the second cheapest tickets cos reckoned the queue would be shorter and got them within four or five minutes (even though counter fluctuated between one and two minutes). Well chuffed. As for NFLUK, most Irish players and fans use www.iafs.co.uk and so wouldn't even go near the NFLUK site. There'd also be huge interest from Germany. For that reason I don't think the NFL UK site thing should make any difference. If any weighting was to be given, it should have been towards the people who registered their interest first because they're the people most interested in going to see the game. I booked my accommodation and flights the day the game was announced, the atmosphere would have been superb even if I hadn't got a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

I already have my tickets to some games there as well......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

kensutz wrote:
    2 views from block 524ish
    Looks deadly, what a view/stadium, I will be just to the right of both those pictures, in line with where the corner flag would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Woohoo! got my tickets!!!
    now to find some accomodation and flights?
    what airport is best for wembley any accomodation reccomended?

Gatwick/Heathrow are your best bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I got 2 tickets for block521.
    It took 20mins but eventually I got on the waiting line.

It only offered level's 1 and 5, whereas at the start it had 2,3, and 4.
    I wonder if they got sold out or else held back for the next batch of tickets.

Glad I got my tickets anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

brav wrote:

It had 5 price ranges but there's only 3 levels to Wembley (annoyingly called 1, 2 and 5!)

The difference in price ranges reflected sideline and endzone prices)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

brav wrote:

Cool beans! I got section 521 also. I almost gave up after 45 minutes to an hour of trying. I then fianlly got in the queue and I was waiting for about 10 minutes. It was nerve racking to see it go from 9 minutes to 8 back to 9, etc. The wif and I will be havin' a nice bank holiday weekend with a good excuse to meet up with her relatives in the London area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

i got 2 tickets for section 535.....cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

got no offer :( , hopefully the next draw if there is one . If there are any who cant make it and have tickets let me know i ll buy them

Join the queue ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

I got 6 level 1 tickets row 36 for 105 euro each including postage and the additional charge for them.

Jock are you selling them or just letting us know you got them? :)

I'm looking for tickets as well. I think I will ask on my forum to see there....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i cant get in, keeps bouncing me and saying
    Your login and password are incorrect. You have 2 more attempt(s) remaining before your account will be locked. Please enter your login and password again.

what the hell? any suggestions?

EDIT: I see whats going on. sorry!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

The jock wrote:
    I got 6 level 1 tickets row 36 for 105 euro each including postage and the additional charge for them.

No I am not selling them unless I get a huge offer for each one.

• Advertisement

What type of offer. I might be willing to pay 130 euro?

Face value is only allowed on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

NFL takes action against eBay sellers

The intention from the original announcement of the game at Wembley between the Miami Dolphins and New York Giants was for the stadium to be filled with genuine NFL fans to ensure that the atmosphere at the game replicated exactly that of a regular season fixture in the USA.

“We set up the pre-registration in February, the random lottery, and the passcode system to try to ensure that this was a secure sale that stopped tickets being re-sold through the secondary market,” said NFL UK Managing Director Alistair Kirkwood.

“Clearly some people have slipped through the net, but we have a system in place to ensure that they will not be able to benefit from selling on tickets to our game at a vastly inflated price. The Ticketmaster purchase terms and conditions clearly state that tickets cannot be resold, and we are within our rights to withdraw all these tickets and reissue them at a later date.”

Therefore, all people who have attempted to sell tickets on eBay have had their tickets withdrawn from sale, and those seats will be resold in a future ticket sales period.

Although the illegal eBay sellers will be reimbursed for their ticket purchases, they will be removed from the ticket registry of interest, and will not be eligible to buy more tickets for this game in the second batch of sales that will take place in June.

Additionally, those people that have placed some tickets on eBay but intended to use a further part of their allocation personally will have their entire ticket allocation cancelled, and will not be able to attend the game.

The resale of these tickets will take place in June at the same time as the second batch of tickets going on sale to those people who registered their interest in February. The same policy will be in effect among that second set of tickets, and if any of them appear on eBay they will also be withdrawn from sale and resold to genuine NFL fans at face value.
    http://www.nfllondon2007.com/news.aspx

Now I just wait and hope I'll get an email for the second batch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

well their tactic of getting tickets off ebay isnt working anyway. just went on there now to check and there is 7 or 8 auctions still running, with outrageous prices going. Nearly feel like creating a false account and making a feck up of their bids, but it'll only stop one or 2. There will be loads more at it. how people are stupid enought tho to pay the likes of £250 for a £75 ticket when there is still lots more to be sold is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They can't stop the bidding but given the people selling haven't got the tickets yet, they can stop them from receiving them.

Anyone have any recommendations of which airport to fly in to/out and where to stay?

Heathrow/Gatwick.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

The Craigavon Cowboys have 2 tickets that are being raffled to raise club funds.
    If you go to the www.Craigavoncowboys.co.uk site, you can enter online.
    The draw will take place at the Shamrockbowl in July.

Advertisement