Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular Season game in London

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Sorry to lower the tone and apologies if this bends or indeed contravenes rules but I've been let down by one or 2 people and ebay for some reason pulled my listing because they thought there was unauthorised access on my account.

Anyway - I've 4 tickets for the game on Sunday (can't go myself now as I've reloc'd to US). As we all know no tickets were sent so I can provide interested parties with the appropriate letter to pick my tickets up. I'm just looking to recoup any amount of cash at this point (cost to me 400 - will sell for first offer of €150 up-front) out of this whole sorry affair.

If you're going over and want a few spares to sell on on the day (for face or less of course) or if you really wanted to go and could not get tickets please let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

You should post that on adverts.ie, see the link at the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bryanodowd

good news if there is 'only' 10,000 to pick up on the day, thought there wouold be double that myself.

Concerned i've been left with spares now too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 green rover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

i know he was taking the mick, its funny how some people thought he was serious :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Do they play games in that kind of weather much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

the underfoot conditions are ruining this game. they look like they are in slow motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

I was just thinking yea i guess they do play in ****ty weather at times but the turf seems different or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i think it's just that the turf in Wembley is too new and not bedded in properly. Although the turf in these new stadiums never seems to behave properly...The millennium stadium suffers from similar soft and spongy underfoot conditions

nice change of direction from eli. TD Giants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

Is lemon one of the worse QB in the nfl.

daveirl wrote: »

it was John Terry that was booed. Martin Johnson got a nice clap. Good reception for Lewis Hamilton. Game wasn't the best. The pitch really didn't help but the 'fins are awful at the moment :(

ps GO RED SOX

EDIT: Rumour is that next years international game will be the Jags v Red Skins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was there, atmosphere was awesome... Game, not so awesome, it was absolutely lashing for a good while, pitch was wrecked....

That Miami QB was very disappointing, we decided he might be good in a few weeks maybe, but nerves are killing him...

Flattering score line i think at the end...

Why was Terry being booed anyone know?

Oh, and who was the muppet near us who shouted "No Surrender" during God Save The queen??

Oh and finally, everyone see the streaker? Was convinced a player was gonna flatten him... Alas they did not...

dulpit wrote: »
    Was there, atmosphere was awesome... Game, not so awesome, it was absolutely lashing for a good while, pitch was wrecked....

That Miami QB was very disappointing, we decided he might be good in a few weeks maybe, but nerves are killing him...

Flattering score line i think at the end...

Why was Terry being booed anyone know?

Because he's the England football captain and England aren't doing well at the minute and he plays for Chelsea

Oh, and who was the muppet near us who shouted "No Surrender" during God Save The queen??

No it didn't come acrosss on tv, thankfully

Oh and finally, everyone see the streaker? Was convinced a player was gonna flatten him... Alas they did not...

They didn't show it on tv, that didn't want to give the guy any coverage :(

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I was at the game too.... Great atmosphere overall I think. Wembley is a really good venue. It's some stadium!

The rain definitely impacted the game as a 'spectacle', but I also think it contributed in some way to making it an old-school muddy, all hands to the deck type of game as well.

Quite a few dropped balls and fumbles because of the rain, but it would have been nice to see a few more scores on the board.

I'm a Giants fan, so it was great to see them play competitively. Looking forward to future international series games. Hopefully the spread them around Europe. I'm sure Germany would be a prime candidate as there is a lot of support there.

I'm a Giants fan, so it was great to see them play competitively. Looking forward to future international series games. Hopefully the spread them around Europe. I'm sure Germany would be a prime candidate as there is a lot of support there.

I too was shouting for the Giants... Which was kinda difficult where i was sitting, there was maybe 1 giant fan for every 5 random fans to every 10 miami fans (or so it seemed)

Oh and Germany will more than likely get the next international game, tis only fair seen as how they were able to run the NFL Europe teams (moderately) successfully...

Anyone notice the abundance of NFL Europe jerseys at game? Primarily Amsterdam admirals... Mad altogether...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Enjoyed the day. Kept interesting until the 2 minute warning. Both TDs scored at the endzone I was sitting at. Hurrah!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Next international game will likely be Toronto!

The Bills have a big fanbase there and have asked to play a game there next season.
    There is talks they could eventually move there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

vorbis wrote: »
    Next international game will likely be Toronto!

The Bills have a big fanbase there and have asked to play a game there next season.
    There is talks they could eventually move there.

I think that is going to be treated seperately to the "International Series"

Bills are looking to play 1/2 games in Toronto every year

Dodge wrote: »
    I think that is going to be treated seperately to the "International Series"

Bills are looking to play 1/2 games in Toronto every year

I was gonna say same thing, the Bills are a stones throw from Canada, a lot of their fans are from there so it's a seperate thing (i.e. it's just them organising it, not the NFL and all that...)

Seemingly germany & the chiefs have been touted or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mariowilliams

was there anyone here sitting behind the goalpost where tony siragusa the foxsports touchline analyts was based?

Advertisement