Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unusual Web error

• 13-01-2007 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,
    Hope you might be able to help.
    I'm using Internet Explorer on Windows XP Home. Recently, I installed my Sony Ericcson softwre to allow the PC to connect with the phone, but since I've done it, I'm having trouble when online.

My homepage is MSN search, and if I want to go to a website, say Boards.ie, I have to enter the website into MSN search in order to access it. If I just type the homepage into the address bar, I get an error saying "requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context"
    I get the same message if I click on any link from any site, or try to view an image. Basically, the only way I can change sites now is by closing IE, opening MSN search again, and typing the page I want into MSN again. As you can imagine, this really restricts movement from site to site online.
    Any advice would be welcome. Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Archeron wrote:
    Howdy all,
    Hope you might be able to help.
    I'm using Internet Explorer on Windows XP Home. Recently, I installed my Sony Ericcson softwre to allow the PC to connect with the phone, but since I've done it, I'm having trouble when online.

Ever since Sony's DRM rootkit fiasco I've steered clear of any hardware, software or music cds produced by that company. Any company that will surreptitiously install phone home spyware on a legitimate purchaser's computer leaving it open to infection by a range of internet nasties should be put out of business.

Might be just coincidence but the fact that you are experiencing problems after having installed sony software suggests that the software might have altered your hosts file or aspects of your registry. This might explain the problem.

It'll take someone more technically minded than me to suggest a solution I'm afraid.

Good luck

Advertisement