Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Cork hotels. . . ?

Options
  • 13-01-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

We plan on spending a mid-week break in the Cork area. Do you know of any hotels you care to recommend or some best avoided?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

the new jureys on western road should be nice, metropole on mccurtain st, or imperial on the south mall..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

groveman60 wrote:
    We plan on spending a mid-week break in the Cork area. Do you know of any hotels you care to recommend or some best avoided?.
    The Imperial is by far the best hotel in Cork city and closest to all ammenities.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Clarion hotel on Lapp's Quay is very very nice. Possibly the nicest hotel beds that I've ever slept in. I'm from Cork originally, but have been back there a few times on work since I left and have stayed in the Clarion. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

The new Jury's should be nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

http://www.gulliver.ie/

Best site for booking accommodation in Ireland i think anyway.
    Jurys Inn, Jurys Hotel, The Clarion, The Imperial all nice hotels, bit pricey and Jurys Inn is the cheapest out of the bunch i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

Which hotel to choose. . . ?
    Thanks to all who replied, and glad to have your opinions.
    The Supervalue voucher had a choice of Imperial Hotel or Montenotte Hotel.
    Although parking is €6 per day at Imperial, we decided on that one.
    Looking forward to the break and roaming around Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Imperial was the right choice out of those two. Enjoy your stay

• Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

Well, we enjoyed our break at the Imperial Hotel (2007).
    What you may not know in advance is that the hotel car park is about 5 mins walk away from the hotel !. Ok, maybe, if it's not raining. Also, you have to be mindful of what you need to take with you in to the hotel, or you'll have to go all the way back to the car for it.

Advertisement