Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

go for this http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=324783 got 1 and can vouch for it.

you wont notic the 6ms so the 19" is a waste and it probly only has a ****y tn panal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

thanks for the reply. I dont really know much about flat screens at all. How come the one you posted is a bit cheaper then the widescreen I posted, yet your one has lower ms :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Widescreen for teh win!
    If you watch movies on your PC it's very nice to have... or if you're a coder of some description, the extra horisontal space is delightful.

Response times are all lies anyway.
    That 2000:1 contrast ratio sounds interesting, though I'm not sure if they cook the books with that stat aswell... piffle.

*grumbles about his 2005FPW's 600:1 ratio*

ya the blendia is nice but all 22" use tn panals which are cheap and have low ms but arent as sharp and not as good for watching movies with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dunno about that, That monitor has got amazing reviews.

yes its a great monitor but it has a TN pannel and theres no changing that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah whats all this about tn panels..im thinking of getting a 22inch lcd..most likly one of the acers they have on komplett..they have 5ms and support 1600x1050 resolution..but have tn panels as well..which im not sure whats wrong about them but many people seem to have an idea..is it worth it getting a 20inch monitor like the samsung listed above instead of a 22inch whith a tn panel or does the extra size have the advantage?

all 22" have tn panals.

na there fine great for gaming .my old samsung had 1 and it was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Wide screen is the way to go.

The actual difference between 2ms and 6ms is negligible as 8ms is the really point you need to be at or under to avoid ghosting in general.

Of course the other matter that comes into question is if you want to play at the native res the 1280 x 1024 19" display is much easier on the GPU than the 1600x1050 resolution of the 20" wide screen.

The Samsung 940BF is in the best of category for 1280x1024 displays so if going for one of those get that.

The Samsung 205W is a safe buy and a good display so you really can't go too wrong.

• Advertisement

thanks awhir :D

i will be mainly using it for gaming..so the 22inch would be a better buy than the 20inch yeah even doh it has a tn panel..?

yep would be fine.

kk kool thanx m8 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

thanks for the feedback lads. I'm now stuck between the samsung 205w and the LG L204WT.

oh and WTF is a TN panel??
    :confused: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

awhir wrote:
    yes its a great monitor but it has a TN pannel and theres no changing that !!

For displaying media (dvds american progamming) (not games) does that make a difference. Will get the 22" but if quality will be poorer will go LG

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have the above mentioned 20.1" widescreen LG and its brilliant. Yes its a TN panel (most fast LCD's are) but it still looks excellent. I play PC and Xbox 360 games on it and both look fantastic. I also watch movies and stuff from the PC on it, again, they look brilliant.
    It scales non-native resolutions pretty well too (the 360 doesn't do 1680x1050).

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Ok now Im confused.

I was under the impression the LG was not TN if it well for me anyway the 22" would be better. This I thought was the reason Awhir said it was better.

Im looking for a good screen for movies that can be watched from many angles ie lying down or sitting etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I got myself the LG 20.1" Widescreen for Christmas from Komplett and I have to say I'm delighted with it! :D

And I was a die-hard fan of CRTs cos I game a lot! But I'm happy I got it! ;)

Advertisement