Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Final Resolution Predictions

• 13-01-2007 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

PPV almost upon us, lookin pretty decent, time to go through the card

NWA Heavyweight Title Elimination Match - Abyss vs Sting vs Christian Cage
    Difficult one to call I think. I'm goin out on a limb and saying Christian will win the title back. Sting will get eliminated first and then come back and mess up when he's trying to help Abyss win the match

30 Minute Ironman Match - Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe
    As I said in the other thread, it's as if they made it an ironman match just so they can have a draw that doesn't rip off the fans too much. 3-3 for me I think

X Division Title Match - Christopher Daniels vs Jerry Lynn vs Chris Sabin
    Not sure where this one is going at all. I'd love to see Jerry win the belt, but I think it's more likely that Sabin will win it after Lynn costs Daniels the match

NWA World Tag Team Title Match - LAX vs Team 3D
    It's probably a better time than any for them to take the titles off LAX, as Konnan is out with his surgery, but I think they'll retain them here and lose them in the future to Team 3D just before Konnan comes back

Last Man Standing - AJ Styles vs Rhino
    The match I'm most looking forward to again! I'd say Rhino will win this one. Should be deadly!

Petey Williams vs James Storm
    Storm to win, cos he needs it more I think

PCS Final - Alex Shelley vs Austin Starr
    Alex to win, but the judges will give it to Austin somehow. Bob Backlund will be there, how deadly is that?! Haha, hopefully he does something with Nash, the two of them would be gas together

Preshow - Lance Hoyt vs Chase Stevens
    Lance Hoyt to win, he's Russo's boy

Looks like a very decent card as usual from TNA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very difficult one to call alright. If Christian wins I don't see where they can go with the whole Abyss' secret angle so I think Abyss will retain and that he'll turn on James Mitchel in the process.

I think Angle will win here because on this week's Impact Cornette was talking about a title shot for him so I think Angle will cheat to win the deciding fall.

Another tough one to call. I reckon you're right and that Sabin will win. I think it would be better to keep it on Daniels though.

There hasn't been much build to this match so I think LAX will retain and stretch it out a bit more. I hope so anyway.

Should be another class match. I think Styles will win though.

I think Harris might get involved so I will go with Williams.

Is Backlund really gonna be there? I've not followed these skits too much. I think Starr will prevail.

Definitely Test...uh I mean Hoyt. ;)

Looks a very strong card no doubt which I think will deliver. Joe/Angle should be great, and the X Division match should be excellent. Actually I like all the matches on the card except the pre-show one but I doubt I'll watch that anyway.

VKM are going to be on this show though aren't they? To claim victory over Vince McMahon I think. That could stink bad if it's anything like their recent stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Is Backlund really gonna be there?

Yup, him and Disco Inferno will be the judges. Kinda funny really, Backlund's only there because of a quick comment by Nah one week

I don't know if VKM can claim victory really.. Funny video on Youtube though of a load of wrestling fans who turned up at the Alamo on Friday at noon, because BG said that they'd be there to fight Shawn. Which obviously wasn't goin to happen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I haven't really been following this feud much but I'll be rooting for Christian to win. If he does the TNA production guys will have a tough time pumping in the boo's over the cheers in the Impact zone, as Christian is totally over there. They seem to be doing that alot recently, anyone else notice?

I don't think this will be as good as expected. Angle Joe II went 20 something minutes with one fall, so if this ends 2-2 or more its gonna look a bit silly. I'm going with Angle to win heelishly.

It will be cool to see Jerry out of retirement, and interesting to see how well he performs, he certainly looks in great shape. I hope Daniels holds on to the belt, but its TNA, he probably won't,.

I'm not a fan of the Dudley's at all so I'm gonna go with LAX to win. I think the Dudley's will get the titles soon, so they can be the first WWE, ECW, WCW and NWA title holders.

I agree, it should steal the show, I just hope the gimmick Last Man Standing element doesn't effect the match. It's really tough to call, but I'll go with AJ to continue the feud.

Could not care less tbh. Probably Storm to win with Harris getting involved after.

This has a 10 minute time limit so that's gonna take away from the match alot. Starr will win, probably due to some dodgy judging on Backlund's part.

Tssst. Don't care.

I can't see this show being better than the last PPV. I think the Iron Man match should have more time, and the PCS Final.
    I'm surprised Serotonin and Bobby Roode aren't involved. There's no point in TNA giving them promo time if they are gonna be squashed on Impact and left off the PPV's .

TNA has been disappointing recently, with small things like the boo's/cheers that are being pumped in over the crowd (a Russo trademark) as I mentioned before. Also the confusion over who is face and who is heel is giving the shows a "We'll plan it loosely and see what happens on the day" kind of feel.
    Big changes will have to be made before Impact goes to 2 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Fozzy wrote:
    Yup, him and Disco Inferno will be the judges. Kinda funny really, Backlund's only there because of a quick comment by Nah one week

It wasn't just one week, it was a bitt of a running joke. Sonjay with the trainers (Bob Backlund sponserd). Austin Starr with the push up bars (Bob Backlund Sponserd) and Senshi jumping the limbo bar, (Bob Backlund rules). Theres was probably more but short term memory is gone.

Seems like an alright PPV though. It'll be more entertaining than WWE offerings anyway.

rizzla wrote:
    It wasn't just one week, it was a bitt of a running joke.

Yeah, but the first time he was brought up it just sounded like something Nash came up with on the spot. He could have named anyone, and he would have kept using them if he thought it was funny, as he did with Backlund

• Advertisement

This show was a big time disappointment in my opinion. Here are my thoughts on it...
    The stipulation for the opening last man standing match ruined it. You pin the guy and then the ref counts to ten? So essentially you get 13 seconds? Good job Russo!

The X Division match was OK but another title change demeans the belt. Why crown a new champion? It's not like Daniels as champion was getting stale. It was good to see Jerry Lynn back but this match had some dumb spots like all 3 guys running the ropes at once which looked comical. I expected a bit better I guess.

The tag match with LAX and Team 3D was very poor. I don't think Ray and Devon can cut it any more. The ending to the match with Runt as a drunk Santa was a joke and was worse than the drunk Scott Hall stuff from WCW.

The PCS stuff I didn't mind too much but Backlund's appearance did nothing for me.

Then there was the worst part of the show with VKM and an OTT Christy Hemme giving us stuff just as bad as the WWE have of late. This was a shambles and TNA f*cked up big time.

Angle vs Joe was the best match on the card but I don't know where they can go from here. Joe's character looks very damaged now.

Christian then wins the belt. I've no problem with that but they badly damaged Abyss in the process of doing it. They need to elevate new talent.

Overall I feel this PPV has hurt TNA a lot. Russo's booking is a pile of crap even still. I can't wait to hear what swerve Russo will bring with the Abyss' secret storyline. Maybe Abyss fathered Miss Hancock's child?

Note to Dixie Carter - snap up Paul Heyman if you have the chance. He'll give us a PPV with more than just two clean finishes.

I totally agree with MNG. TNA should have been riding the crest of the wave after the excellent Turning Point PPV, but they really dropped the ball here.
    The ending to the AJ Rhyno match was just embarrasing. The pin before the 10 count didnt make any sence and made both guys look weak, eg AJ being pinned by a spinebuster after 5 minutes. I thought it was a good idea at first to have this as the opening match but in retrospect they should have switched this and the PCS Final. Another thing about AJ and Rhyno was the crowd were going crazy for it until the stupid ending, and they weren't the same for the rest of the show, and were especially quiet during the PCS final and Backlunds pointless complicated scoring system.

The Iron Man match was ok, but far too predictable. And they stole the end from Shawn vs Bret at WM 12.

Im glad Chritian won the title but Abyss did come away looking weak. I think Sting's involvement is near its end, the crowd just didn't care for anything he did (normally when he "Stings up" there would be a pop, but not here.)

Russo has got alot to answer for after this debacle. If Angle beats Christian next month for the title it's going to demean the belt even more, just like the X Div title with Sabin taking it back for no reason.

Despite this, I was nearly crying with laughter during the VKM 12 minute sketch. They point out what WWE are doing wrong by doing the exact same thing. Christy Hemme was a disaster, and it took Billy Gunn calling her a slut to get the crowd back. Looks like a women's division will be happening when Imact goes to 2 hours, which is all good as long as SoCal Val gets more airtime :). Maybe Chyna will be involved too after Hemme mentioned her, but hopefully not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

It was an okay show, better than anything WWE have produced in awhile but it was bad for a TNA show.
    The endings to most of the matches sucked. AJ giving up was'nt too bad as it furthers his heel character. Plus it wasn't a Last Man Standing match the rules where exactly the same as a Texas Deathmatch, why they didn't just call it a Texas Deathmatch though??

The ending to the tag match was sh!te also. VKM segment was crap, even the fans began to resent the segment. And with such a small venue you can really hear the crowd, and it was not good.

PCS final was great, love both of the guys. Couldn't make head nor tails of what Backlund was saying. Another ridiculous ending, match was killed by the 5 mins of debacle only to be started and end again within a minute

Storm/Williams match was solid, a bit short though. But the fans weren't into it so I guess they cut it short. This should have been the opener.

The 3 way X-division match was great too. Title change was unneccesary, unless they where going to put the belt on Jerry Lynn.

Joe vs. Angle was the worst of the 3 series, but it was a strong effort by both. And haven't watched the last match yet, but from reading what people have said it doesn't sound great.

Too many ridiculous finishes, people by PPV for closure to matches. It seem's like the booking was done in such a way to drag everything out as much as possible.

If this is what it's like with Russo in total booking control (The past few months he was just going with established storylines) then get rid of him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its the same old TNA except maybe booking wise worse. Good sometimes great wrestling mixed in with a whole load of nonsense.

I have to agree with most of what's been said already. I just read that this is the fourth X-Division title change in a row that's come about cos of a roll up..I despise roll ups, worst possible finish to a match ever. Last WWE ppv had 3, which was 3 too many

Did they actually say that the AJ/Rhino match would have pinfalls followed by a 10 count? Because the first time they did it, it looked like Hebner started counting without AJ actually looking to go for a pin. And Hebner's often done that in the past, counting pins in I Quit matches and the like. I thought that maybe they just decided to go with it after the first mistake. Anyway, what's the motivation to kick out? You get a free rest if you stay put. I dunno..

LAX and Team 3D disappointed me. There was me with my brand new Homicide t-shirt, and you wouldn't have guessed he was the ROH champ by the way he was booked

Abyss being pinned so early made no sense at all, although they were short on time I think. Still, point remains. If you were watching for the first time you'd never have guessed Christian was the heel judging from the crowd

VKM segment was gas alright, I was laughin myself at the irony of it

I wouldn't really agree with Mr.Nice Guy on Joe being damaged, since it was Kurt Angle who he lost to. Angle's obviously being built up as THE best wrestler TNA has, and rightly so I suppose. So Joe's maybe the number 2 guy? I'm sure he'll be beating whoever's next for him, who I don't have a clue about. I assume it'll be Angle vs Christian and Abyss vs Sting next month. I'm lost on that to be honest

So nowhere near as good as Turning Point. Hopefully there'll be something good to come next month. Please

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    I have to agree with most of what's been said already. I just read that this is the fourth X-Division title change in a row that's come about cos of a roll up..I despise roll ups, worst possible finish to a match ever.

Unless Danielson does it ;)

Fozzy wrote:
    I wouldn't really agree with Mr.Nice Guy on Joe being damaged, since it was Kurt Angle who he lost to. Angle's obviously being built up as THE best wrestler TNA has, and rightly so I suppose. So Joe's maybe the number 2 guy? I'm sure he'll be beating whoever's next for him, who I don't have a clue about. I assume it'll be Angle vs Christian and Abyss vs Sting next month. I'm lost on that to be honest

I meant damaged in terms of the direction of his character. I've no problem with Angle finishing the better guy in the feud because it's what I would have done too but it's the manner in which Angle has finished on top which bothers me. Joe was more of a babyface in the feud than Angle (his supposed gf had her ankle attacked by Angle remember) but Angle has been the one who won the rubber match and who will now face Christian next month apparently. So Angle's the babyface again?

What happens to Samoa Joe? Is he a heel? Is he a babyface?

In my opinion Russo has really harmed him. Months ago he was the dominant force on TNA who ran through everybody but since then he has finished second best in the feud with Angle and failed to get revenge on the guy who has hounded him for the last few weeks. Doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Angle could have come out of the feud on top and Joe could have been kept strong too but in my view, Joe has come across second-rate and weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

But really, just doing 3 matches in 3 months is too much. They could have spread it out for a year and it would have meant so much more and created much more interest.

Lance Storm made an odd but fitting analogy to the feud with Christmas dinner. Its special because it happens only occassionally. If you have turkey and ham all the time, it makes it less special to the point its bland. And by putting Angle and Joe against each other 3 times in succession is the equivalent of eating turkey and ham everyday. Weird analogy, but I think it fits.

From reading the spoilers (and boy do they like giving things away free on tv by the way) they seem to be going somewhere with Angle that could do good business. Its only a hunch of mine though.

Advertisement