Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Fone Signal Booster Q?

• 13-01-2007 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This might sound crazy, but is there any way I can improve mobile coverage in my house. Currently it's complete sh1te. I'm with O2 and down to 2 bars at best. Usually no coverage at all. Vodafone is better at around 4 bars. So I'm diverting my calls to a Vodafone RTG. I've tried the usual stuff like standing close to a window, but no joy. The coverage right outside the house is fine! I can't change service provider as it's a company phone.

Is there any device on the market that can improve the O2 signal?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Have you tried a different phone? Just to see if the signals any better .. some phones aren't as strong as others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

ciaranfo wrote:
    Have you tried a different phone? Just to see if the signals any better .. some phones aren't as strong as others.

Good point actually - I think the old style external aerial phones handled the signals much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

cool, thanx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Where are you located?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Try your SIM in another handset, Try different sim in your handset, make sure the battery is charged as much as possible, power off/on handset when you get home in the evening to pick up the closest site to your home to get strongest signal, if all that does not work complain to O2 say you want to disconnect due to poor coverage and get discount or free minutes if your not in contract :)
    p.s they will ask if you have taken all these steps before they pass you over to customer relations. they will problably log something with tech to check coverage in the area. but if they cannot improve it they will try to keep you as a customer.
    pps be nice to the customer care you will get alot more joy if your polite and jokey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Musha wrote:
    pps be nice to the customer care you will get alot more joy if your polite and jokey

That goes for every customer care line you call!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Has anyone used the device that jimmycrackcorm has suggested above? It looks interesting! Will it work with an Irish handset?

Advertisement