Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voltage transformer

Options
  • 13-01-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

This is probly the wrong forum to put this in, but not sure were else it could go. so if it needs to be moved please go ahead and do so.

anyway i recently bought some electrical equipment from american and need a step down voltage transformer to use it here. i heard maplin sell 200VA and 300VA ones. my question is does anyone know how much they cost and if they are for continuous use.

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Hey,
    Is it just a plug top transformer you're looking for, like any one of these on Ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

Liam90

You may or may not need a step down transformer.

Was there a transformer with the unit you purchased that had a specific AC or DC input in to the the unit. If so you only need to get a replacement here with the same transformer output.

If the appliance you purchased has a direct cable to the unit (i.e. no transformer) check at the bottom of the unit where it will show the input, etc. It may well accept 220 and therefore you only need to put on a three pin plug.

If it has a transformer with a specific 110 input you will need a transformer and yes thay are used for continuous use, however they do generate a significant amount of heat.

Advertisement