Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build

Options
  • 13-01-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Hey i'm just building a new PC for my girlfriend and basically all its for is Internet and word and music but i want it to be quiet but good enough to last a few years the budget has to be less than 1000. actually i'd prefer 800. i have built up lists on dabs and komplett. i have a gigabyteDS3 and a P4 650 3.4ghz already that i'm using for starters. there not included in the price. ive attahced the lists what you think. would i get away with cheaper video card. or less ram.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There is no need for a graphics card at all in a system like that so get a motherboard with integrated graphics or a low end add-in card like the GeForce 7100.

Windows XP 64-bit is also a waste get the XP Home Edition OEM version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Well i've reviewed the build and removed the Graphics card and reduced the hard drives. The only reason i dont make them smaller is cos for half the price you get a third of the capacity. Also i've decided that the windows issue will be taken care of in a different way. you dont ask i wont tell. The x64 was really for me i thought i'd kill two birds with one stone. same for the two DVD drives. so how now? Also i'm leaning towards the Komplett build? nicer Keyboard mouse and case. other wise there very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah may as well go with the Komplett selection.

Advertisement