Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car imports

• 13-01-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

i am thinking of changing my car and am looking at maybe importing one from the north , can anyone tell me how i go about doing this and getting the plates chenged over etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

For starters you will have to chect out the VRT position on bringing in a car from the North, VRT is pretty expensive. You either go to your local VRO office or type vrt into the search option on www.revenue.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

In the process of doing it. Pain free so far. Went to the monaghan vro as they are never busy and very relaxed. Have paid the vrt and now I will get the insurance transferred and then get the motor tax and in the meantime get the plates made up.

The plates made up should cost no more than €20 or so I was told.

Once you check the vrt calculator then there will be no surprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Advertisement