Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stag

Options
  • 13-01-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

we are heading to letterkenny for a stag

were are the best places to go

best place to stay etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You might get a few bits of info from this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

as a sidenote, the grill is cosed indefinitely, and as djdaithi puts it, the orchard is alive and kicking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

One option would be

Accom
    http://www.letterkennycourthotel.com/

Things to do
    http://www.irelandnorthwest.ie/individual_results.asp?sID=9163 - Karting
    http://www.irelandnorthwest.ie/individual_results.asp?sID=15080 - Paintball

Session
    Start in The Cottage, a few doors up from the hotel
    Then get some pub grub in The Brewery
    Move onto McGinleys

Enough civilised stuff

Hit the New Pubs / Disco bars and hit a club..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Ah yes. The Cottage!
    I second what JJ said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

I'd be fairly sure the cottage do not want stag nights, but most places don't mind. Th Orchard is only worthwhile if it os a Friday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 djDaithi

Aye tis quiet in the orchard on a sat at the moment although busier last sat than the week before. Fridays are still rockin tho...tends to be the trend in Jan as people make the most of it being free in on Fridays rather than pay a tenner on a Sat it all depends what style of stag you are having and what type of might you want really.. If its the stereotypical irish stag I'd recommend Milan or Voodoo. If its more a bit of craic around sound people, no aggro, with good tunes well... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 djDaithi

oh and the quiet moment rent out apartments for the weekend, might suit better than a hotel or B&B.

djDaithi wrote:
    oh and the quiet moment rent out apartments for the weekend, might suit better than a hotel or B&B.

Any idea how much they are at the weekend?

djDaithi wrote:
    Just checked that with someone who works there and they dont rent out apartments any more

I know the cottage don't want stag nights, i mentioned it as a civilised starting point most stags I was at started early and were civilised until 9 or 10pm then madness persued. The cottages for 3/4pm for a nice first pint of the day.

• Advertisement

JoeyJJ wrote:
    I know the cottage don't want stag nights, i mentioned it as a civilised starting point most stags I was at started early and were civilised until 9 or 10pm then madness persued. The cottages for 3/4pm for a nice first pint of the day.

Ahh! The memories!
    Often started at Noon!:rolleyes:

Often started at 10.30 !!

nanook wrote:
    Carrick on Shannon is a good place for a stag, lots of pubs, clubs etc.
    Oi! Dont be trying to steal our tourists :D

Advertisement