Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't unlock the K800i with 3?

• 13-01-2007 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

I was just told my 3 customer service that they cannot unlock my pre-pay phone the K800i. I am a bit confused. I know I read that other people have gotten theirs unlocked with 3 but according to 3 my imei number "cannot be unlocked" because of something to do with the manufacturer not getting the imei number or something??

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it true that certain imei numbers cannot be unlocked? Or am I hearing bull?

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bs. don't let them away with it. phone again and keep phoning til they give you the code. and add your experience to the link in my sig if you want :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

bs. don't let them away with it. phone again and keep phoning til they give you the code. and add your experience to the link in my sig if you want :)

ABSOLUTELY ****ING BS IS RIGHT. I just called them back and now my phone "can" be unlocked but first I have to top up 130 euro(!!) to do it. It only came into effect "yesterday". I told him I bought the phone and signed up 3 weeks ago so they should honour that since I was told I could unlock at any time and I signed up before this.

"I am sorry sir the ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EURO still applies"

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

****ing a**holes. They are saying what they want to. Arghh god I hate this company...will I get a different answer if I phone back??! Stay tuned!!

Elessar wrote:
    ABSOLUTELY ****ING BS IS RIGHT. I just called them back and now my phone "can" be unlocked but first I have to top up 130 euro(!!) to do it. It only came into effect "yesterday". I told him I bought the phone and signed up 3 weeks ago so they should honour that since I was told I could unlock at any time and I signed up before this.

"I am sorry sir the ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY EURO still applies"

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

****ing a**holes. They are saying what they want to. Arghh god I hate this company...will I get a different answer if I phone back??! Stay tuned!!

1890 229 600 <---comreg

they'll have something to say about that, though they are the most useless group of people i have ever come across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Not really surprised by this at all, it was only a matter of time IMO.. Do Voda and O2 do the same?

there was a directive from comreg about a month ago that people are to be given unlock codes on request. it may have changed. i'm onto them now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Ok tried again and got a girl on the phone, explained the situation in detail and she went to her supervisor and then agreed that since I was a customer from December, I can get it unlocked for 27 euro.

My IMEI number is being "escalated" to the relevant dept. so they will phone me back in 24 hours. I hope they dont come back saying its not unlockable like last time...

Elessar wrote:
    Ok tried again and got a girl on the phone, explained the situation in detail and she went to her supervisor and then agreed that since I was a customer from December, I can get it unlocked for 27 euro.

My IMEI number is being "escalated" to the relevant dept. so they will phone me back in 24 hours. I hope they dont come back saying its not unlockable like last time...
    if they say that don't let them off the phone because its a a lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

there was a directive from comreg about a month ago that people are to be given unlock codes on request. it may have changed. i'm onto them now

Have you got a link to said directive?

Have you got a link to said directive?
    i haven't but its confirmed by custeomr care agents at all networks except meteor but they're not told anything anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

would like to see said directive also. it would certainly give me a basis for my next argument.
    didn't see anything on comreg site...

anyway here is the link for comreg contact:
    http://www.askcomreg.ie/about_us/Contact_Us.26.LE.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Elessar wrote:
    I just called them back and now my phone "can" be unlocked but first I have to top up 130 euro(!!) to do it.

That's common practice. All the other networks do the same thing. You bought the phone at a discounted price so why should they unlock it straight away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

3 network is ****e !!!!

tell them ur travelling to australia
    and ur taking phone with you ..... they will give u unlock code

but now u have created logs there under ur number :) so that will sound dodgy

but if ur calling first time tell them u might be going to Australia for good and u need to take phone and then start eating managers head !!! see what happens

i got away with this one time

3 network is ****e !!!!

tell them ur travelling to australia
    and ur taking phone with you ..... they will give u unlock code

but now u have created logs there under ur number :) so that will sound dodgy

but if ur calling first time tell them u might be going to Australia for good and u need to take phone and then start eating managers head !!! see what happens

i got away with this one time
    they have refused people for that and there is a 3 network in australia. best to say you're going to bulgaria or somewhere else they don't roam

Advertisement