Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you lost a black labrador

Options
  • 13-01-2007 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

We are looking after a black labrador who turned up on a friends doorstep in West Dublin this week. He has a collar but no tag. Our friend has put notices in shops, posted leaflets through doors, contacted vets, rescue centers and the gardai. So far no takers - he seems to be well cared for and possibly around 10 weeks old.

If he gets on OK with our dog we'll keep him rather than give him to a dog shelter but we want to be sure we've made every effort to find his owners. The thought of keeping a dog who is sadly missed by caring owners doesn't sit well with us but if the owners have booted him out I hope they rot in hell....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wokie

Don't forget to post his details on www.irishanimals.ie as well! Have you brought him to the vet to check for microchip? Probably unlikely he has one but worth checking anyway! Sounds like he's possibly one of the many abondoned Christmas puppies... I share your sentiment by the way if he is one! Before you make your decision on keeping him don't forget to consider the amount of work a puppy takes and that he's not going to stay cute little puppy forever...it's not just your own dog you've to consider but your lifestyle, time etc etc. I don't mean to sound lecturing....just tired of seeing labs chucked out when they've got past the Andrex stage...although from the sounds of things you know what you're about...so now I'll stop!!!! Fair play to you for taking him in and hopefully it will work out for him and yourselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Lost Dog, Jan 4th, Cherrymount, Waterford City
    Black Lab Cross, answers to 'Bo', red collar. Tel: 086 877 1317

Don't laugh, stranger things have happened!

I took in a Staffie once from a Dublin Pound only to find out later that this dg had been stolen in Donegal ;).

Advertisement