Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dremeling a hole for a window

• 13-01-2007 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Evenin' lads.
    I haven't really done any serious case modding before, and I was thinking about giving it a go on my old case (as I don't want to ruin my current case just yet :D), so I was giving thought to maybe making a bit of fan supported ventilation in the top of the case, and cut a nice design into the side, with a prespex window.

A few questions now.
    When everyone says to use a dremel, I take it you're going with the dremel brand and not just a similar tool?
    How hard is it to learn to use the tool? If I take my time, apply a liberal dose of masking tape and keep a steady hand am I likely to get on grand?
    What would you use to mount a bit of prespex to a case?
    Any recommendations for where to get a dremel? I might just pop down to the local builders supply, they're normally well stocked in tools.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

use jiksaw wayyyyyyyyy better ,dremal for small akward holes or angles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Depends on the head for the dremel. But i would certainly practice on something first. As the little bugger tends to jump a bit. Just go down to your local scrapyard and pick up something to have a trial run on. lubrication such as wd40 makes it easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonko

Anti wrote:
    lubrication such as wd40 makes it easier.
    Would you use this in conjunction with the masking tape, or rather make sure you don't use them both together?

Advertisement