Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Romaing Meteor and TMobile - Quick Ans. Required

• 14-01-2007 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one. It is now free to recieve calls when roaming on TMobile with a Meteor phone.

Is the person calling you from Ireland charged extra for calling you while you are roaming or will they be just charged the normal rate for ringing a meteor phone. I would assume (and hope) they are charged the normal rate..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

They should be charged the normal rate for calling your Meteor number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They are charged the normal rate.

Bear in mind, in order to avail of the offer, you do need to subscribe on PaYG. Text 'travel' to 50104. It's automatic for bill pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

You can also activate the service online at mymeteor.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

When did this come into effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

About 2 or 3 months ago, I suppose. At least. Could have been August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Ya I did that. Funnily enough it is now cheaper to ring uk numbers from my Meteor phone over here than my Virigin PAYG.

Virgin PAYG to UK mobs = 35p per min = ~52c/min
    Metoer Roaming to UK mobs= 29c connection fee then 20c / min

I would ditch the UK mobile but I'd say friends in the UK would get peed off ringing the Irish number. Haven't been able to find out off the virigin site how much it costs to ring and Irish mobile from Virgin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Nuts to that! It costs 15p to ring Ireland but 35p to ring other UK networks. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Seems liks a good offer from Meteor ..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

wingnut wrote:
    Nuts to that! It costs 15p to ring Ireland but 35p to ring other UK networks. Crazy.
    It's similar for Orange (although for Orange, it's 20p/min to call Ireland). Off-peak UK calls are cheaper but daytime calls, it's cheaper calling Ireland or the US instead of the UK :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement