Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball entertainment

Options
  • 14-01-2007 1:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

What do you look for in entertainment when ur at a basketball match, now keep in mind.. this is for irish audiences so its about 250-400

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I presume you mean in between gameplay Limerick_man? I don't think cheerleaders work over for some reason.....probably goes the hoops in their ears are bigger than the hoops on the backboards :p

I actually don't think I've seen decent entertainment over here during half time. Maybe something like they do at the GAA and have an underage mini match during the half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Well in Limerick what we have done this season is use the mascot as a character, he interacts with the audience and stuff. He also throws sponsered t-shirts into the crowds during quarter times which the fans really enjoy, all the younger ones especially are up on their feet shouting and screaming for the t-shirt to go their way.

For halftime we have gotten some dancers and karate (etc) demonstrations, but it still... from an organisers point of view all seems too spread out or something, i dont feel people are walking away thinking 'I'll come back because it was a great night out' what we do seems do sparse. Although we cannot do anything with lights because of the setup in the arena, nor can we do anything with pyrotechnics or confetti explosions etc (the arena dont want us making a mess).

Any suggestions, or should we just leave it as it is?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Pick out about 20 people to take a free throw, they score they get a ball or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Wel halftime we are sorted, we have acts from theatre through to dancing and just about everything inbetween... it just doesnt feel like its really tied togeher and co-ordinated, it just seems at games that there are only odds and ends at the games.

Advertisement