Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry Bozzio....drumming for Korn

• 14-01-2007 2:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Launch Radio Networks reports: KORN is working with veteran rock drummer Terry Bozzio on its eighth studio album. The news was first reported by fan site Korn.Simpol.Net and confirmed for launch by the band's management, who said, "Bozzio is working with KORN right now and they are having a lot of fun." The 56-year-old Bozzio is sitting in for KORN drummer David Silveria, who announced in December that he was taking a "temporary hiatus" from the group for at least one studio album and tour. Bozzio, long considered one of the greatest drummers in rock, is best known for his work with MISSING PERSONS and FRANK ZAPPA. He also worked with KORN vocalist Jonathan Davis on music for the soundtrack of the film "Queen of the Damned". Bozzio told a Dutch radio station that he was working with KORN.

According to Korn.Simpol.Net, Silveria has taken time off to manage his two California restaurants, Tuna Town and Silvera's Steakhouse & Lounge, plus spend "quality time" with his family.

KORN expects to release its new album later this year. An "MTV Unplugged" performance taped last month will be broadcast and released on CD in February.

From Blabbermouth a few days ago.
    I'll be honest and say ive never heard of him before, but i seen a video of him and he much better than Silvera technically. It will be interesting to see what affect he has on their music.
    Anyone else any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

When Spinal Tap said "Money talks and bull**** walks" it was one of the most accurate lines in the movie :p

Bozzio is humongously overskilled for Korn but, hey, if everyone's happy then I'm happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bozzio is fecking awesome - check out his work on Jeff Becks Guitar Shop

lo-fi http://perso.orange.fr/lapageaunono/musiques/JeffBeck_TerryBozzio_TonyHymas-Stand_On_It.mp3

http://www.vmtracks.com/BozzioSheehan/

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bozzio doesn't fit into korn at all. he's incredibly technical, while the rest of the band are the most un-technical grouping of musicians my ears have allowed entry to.

saw bozzio with fantomas and it was a sight to behold. seeing him with korn couldn't be as amazing, since the man will probably be on a tight leash with regard to how he plays new, and old songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Although I really admire TB's playing (especially with the stuff he's done with Tony Levin) he's a total drummer's drummer and really hasn't done much with bands, ever, not unless you count his early years with Frank Zappa.

I think he's a bit of a careerist and a clinician and will probably try to use Korn as a showcase for his talents, much in the same way that David Bowie formed 'Tin Machine' as an excuse for him to say "Hey, I'm one just one of the guys in the band.....by the way, band? You're all sacked".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

this is not Bozzio's style at all! he is, as was already stated, a clinic drummer, not a band drummer, unless it's with the highly skilled musicians like Derek Sherinian, deffinitly not a band whose members name themselves after monkeys and bodily parts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

This is very strange news.

Why would such a technician such as TB want to play with a bunch of typical mid-nineties, post-grunge, musicianship not required assclowns?

Very, very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gotta pay the rent I guess! All those "clinics" must get a bit tiresome.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Gabriel

I think Terry will have a lot of space to do many interesting things with the music of korn....:D
    To be honest I am looking forward to this !!!!! could be great or totally crap!!! in my modest opinion......:)
    Keep drumming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

AlanOB wrote:
    This is very strange news.

Why would such a technician such as TB want to play with a bunch of typical mid-nineties, post-grunge, musicianship not required assclowns?

Very, very strange.

Well i see it as a challenge for him, not only does he get more $$$ but he gets a chance to do something very new/different to what he is used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭funky_buddah

bozzio doesn't fit into korn at all. he's incredibly technical, while the rest of the band are the most un-technical grouping of musicians my ears have allowed entry to.

saw bozzio with fantomas and it was a sight to behold. seeing him with korn couldn't be as amazing, since the man will probably be on a tight leash with regard to how he plays new, and old songs.

You want to look up some of the solos Munky does live man, finger licking good shred.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You want to look up some of the solos Munky does live man, finger licking good shred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxr-DUu6Weo

Fairly straight forward, simplistic stuff, but he does a good job.

Anyway, I'm of the opinion that you don't need to play technical all the time, so if Bozzio wants to play with Korn, then fair enough, I don't see anything bad about that.

Besides, who knows what kinda of impact he'll have on the band?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I'll wait 'till I hear the finished product to judge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Bozzio speaks about working with Korn
    "I worked with Jonathan on the Queen of the Damned soundtrack, and we hit it off," Bozzio said. "His drummer David feels like he needs to take a break for a while. He's been at it ten years, so he's gonna kick back and I'm going to play with KoRn, which is really exciting and lots of fun."

"We've been working for two-and-a-half weeks now. I just finished the last two days pretty much eight hours a day overdubbing on some stuff they did with The Matrix and we had written about six to eight tunes together.

"We'll re-record those and we're start working in February with Atticus Ross producing. So right up until the record is supposed to come out in March. I'll be busy doing that until then.

"And then we'll tour Europe first in the beginning of the summer and then The Family Values Tour of the States in late summer."

Videos of interview
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFQFDzwWkv0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blmOf3DTX2I

Advertisement