Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Have you ever crashed into a supercar?

Options
  • 14-01-2007 4:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭

I was heading to a friends house earlier on today and was driving through a fairly wealthy area when a brand new, shiny red Ferrari 612 Scaglietti pulled out of a T junction onto the road I was driving on. It pulled out of the junction far too wide, crossed into my lane by about a foot and almost hit me as I had to swerve to avoid hitting it as I drove past the other way.

Funnily enough, when I got to my friends house I told him about it and he told me that last night he almost drove into the back of an Aston Martin Vanquish. It broke suddenly in front of him and he said he only came to a stop about 1 foot behind it.

I was fairly angry at the Ferrari driver for being such a gobshite, but I think my friend was following the Aston too closely (probably just trying to get a good look at that beautiful machine) so it would have been his fault if he'd hit it. This begs the question, have you ever crashed into, or been crashed into by a supercar? Nissan Micras with tinted windows and a body kit don't count.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I never have but Im reminded of this story...
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/485692.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Yep... JK and Prince Naz have done the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I love the bit in that article where it sayes "He has also driven Aston Martins, Rolls Royces, Lancias and Mercedes" as if Lancia was some kind of exotic car. They'll be telling us next that Alfa Romeo are exotic too.:rolleyes: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

junkyard wrote:
    I love the bit in that article where it sayes "He has also driven Aston Martins, Rolls Royces, Lancias and Mercedes" as if Lancia was some kind of exotic car. They'll be telling us next that Alfa Romeo are exotic too.:rolleyes: :)
    The Lancia in question could fairly be described as exotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Always remember going to ballyfermot one morning and from the darndale roundabout through to ballybough, i was behind a bently coupe, only out of the box, kinda put the sh/ts up me as what if i did rear-end one, had to drive carefully for a while perish the thought eh?

-VB-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

My mum got rear-ended by a ferarri a good while back, she didn't know what model though. It was a young guy who had it aout 3 days and he was a bit too gung-ho with the accelerator at a set of traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

rear ending is the primary method of crashing these things. Newbies get a big shock when they accelerate to overtake and fly into the back of the car infront (a toyota gan daubt);)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Anan1 wrote:
    The Lancia in question could fairly be described as exotic.

For anyone wondering, it's a Lancia Delta Integrale. Lancia has an outstanding history in rally. The Integrale has won more world rallys than any other car iirc. It dominated rally in the 80s and early 90s
    browneire wrote:
    rear ending is the primary method of crashing these things. Newbies get a big shock when they accelerate to overtake and fly into the back of the car infront

The trick is to not accelerate until already driving on the other side of the road!

unkel wrote:
    For anyone wondering, it's a Lancia Delta Integrale. Lancia has an outstanding history in rally. The Integrale has won more world rallys than any other car iirc. It dominated rally in the 80s and early 90s
    Rowan Atkinson had some very cool cars. I remember reading an article once where he described deactivating the traction control on his Mercedes 500E with a paper clip..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

wouldn't be seen dead in any of the above except,maybe, the bentley.

• Advertisement

emmemm wrote:
    wouldn't be seen dead in any of the above except,maybe, the bentley.
    What above?

Advertisement