Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throttling Youtube

Options
  • 14-01-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I asked a few of my friends outside of Ireland and they said youtube is fast for them, but lately it seems to be buffering a lot for me lately (I'm with Esat BT, Cork Area), anyone else have the same experience, how about the irish broadband guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try a trace route and also try downloading from ftp.heanet.ie or similar to see if it is your connection or international routing for BT in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

it does that for me too slightly but I assumed that was when it was overloaded with users etc. Youtube is a popular site remember.

I'm with BT in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

its definitely not my connection, i can download at full capacity just fine, it just seems youtube buffers a lot more than usual lately and my friends in england says it runs just fine

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

perhaps they have lower capacity on certain upstream links which are perhaps being maxed out, which happens to be the link that the traffic takes to you. to check this out, you would need to be able to do a tracert from their AS to your AS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Seems that some ISPs have pretty crap peering with whatever backbones YouTube is on. NTL is fairly crap with it, Eircom seems fine. Trinity's connectivity with Youtube doesn't seem the best either, which is extra weird since they're on a few hundrd Mb/s with HEAnet

• Advertisement
Advertisement