Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nebie in need of help

Options
  • 14-01-2007 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

ok i got my drive fflashed around a month ago

recent my 360 has been crashing & flashing 3 red lights

i gave it abit of time & it was working again

but last night it crashed & i think its 4 good this time as it has not come back on (just kees flasshing the 3red lights)

*next question may be the dumbest but i just have to ask it*

cud i send it back to MS ?? will they notice its been flashed

or does this mean i need to buy a new 360 ?

all advice welcomed

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

There is a seal that is broken when you open the case. Flashing requires that you open the case. Theres no way MS will touch it, even if you offer to pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

It may be that whoever flashed your drive will know enough about Xbox to fix or to suggest someone who can fix this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 E=McHammer

maybe this isnt anything to do with the mods?xbox 360's have a bad reputation for giving you the red ring of death.google the towel squeeze method,its where you wrap a towel around the xbox and give the sides a good squeeze,and magically it comes back on,also on youtube search the methods,theres one where a lad got the red ring of death,gave his xbox a good hard smack,and all of a sudden the light went back to green and the xbox was playable no harm done,plus flashing is a pretty risky job,i dont have the cajones or the skill to flash,i've never done anything past a modchip,and yes microsoft would definitely be able to identify whether its flashed or not,them boffins put in lsot of seals to make sure your not making their ****ty consoles better,if your interested,i would trade a dell axim x51v pda loaded with software and a 1gb memory stick worth 400euro for the 360,pm me if ur interested

Advertisement