Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

147 for Ding

• 14-01-2007 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

Damn it...I was out with the dog and just as I came in I heard the ref saying "140", ran in and saw the final black. Better than nothing I suppose :-(
    As usual he got super excited (not). As good as he is, he's awful boring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

i watched all the 147 and he potted a brilliant 1st red to start it all off. he lost his cue ball 3 times and managed to pot a few genius shots to recover.

This guy is a genius I would nearly go as far as saying he will be better than ronny o sullivan in another few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,410 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Yeah saw it earlier, apart from a small celebration at the end he was very relaxed about his first 147

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The guy's a robot and if he becomes as good as some suggest, it'll only do bad things for snooker. Imagine him rattling off 5 or 6 World Championships. Itd be a disaster for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,410 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

zuutroy wrote:
    The guy's a robot and if he becomes as good as some suggest, it'll only do bad things for snooker. Imagine him rattling off 5 or 6 World Championships. Itd be a disaster for the game.

I'd think the opposite, Asia is such a huge market, him becoming as successful like hendry or davis were would be good for the sport, it about time there was another dominant player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

eolhc wrote:
    I'd think the opposite, Asia is such a huge market, him becoming as successful like hendry or davis were would be good for the sport, it about time there was another dominant player

Yeah sorry, I was talking about the reputation of the game in the more established snooker nations. It's already got a rep for having boring players these days, and the Chinese demeanour won't help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Was'nt Ding just an almighty explosion of emtion when he got that 147, not!
    A half hearted pump of the fist and move onto the next frame!
    Great break and great player but has the personality of a matchstick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

And what personality does Hendry or Davis have? Nothing special but both are living legends. Hurricane Higgins and Whirlwind White, great charachters and personalities but yet both are a spent force and never quite acheived their full potential!

Ding will be a legend very soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

i have to agree with PIMPHO on the emotion thing, hendry and davis when at their prime showed no emotions at all, they are stone faced and concentrated on the game, similarly ding does the same.

Advertisement