Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wire

• 14-01-2007 3:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one seen this.

Just got a lend of the 1st season and I'm watching it now

The wire is a cop show, with each season dealing with a different theme and case. First season is drugs, 2nd so far is about **** going down in the docks of baltimore.
    My description is ****, youd have to watch it, I havent seen a more complicated and realistic police procedural show before. It makes any other show of its kind look like a kids show.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Do a search on this forum - there's a fair number of threads devoted to it already.

I've seen the four seasons aired so far and think it's quite possibly the greatest TV show ever. Depressingly realistic at times, it's got great characterisation and a lot of shows could also learn how to unfold season-long arcs by watching Ed Burns and Simons' work here.

Far too under-rated for my liking but at least it didn't get killed off before its time so I'm happy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I tried a search
    but nothing came up.

Can you post a few links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Love it too but I always wondered is that the Ed burns from all those Irish american comedies?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sweetie wrote:
    Love it too but I always wondered is that the Ed burns from all those Irish american comedies?

Is who Ed Burns? Not sure who Ed Burns is. Gona have to go google him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

sweetie wrote:

No, it's a completely different Ed Burns. He was a detective, a school teacher and eventually turned to writing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Burns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Kinda random here but for those who have seen season 4:
    Did everyone know Snoop was a girl? I didn't until today.

:o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Interestingly, if you check out all the reviews on MetaCritic and order them by ranking (it's an average of a lot of online reviews), you'll find that the fourth season of 'The Wire' has the prestigous spot of #1. Yep, even they think it's the greatest show on TV and possibly ever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Anyone know if/when season 4 is coming to TG4. Looking forward to seeing it a lot, the first 3 seasons have been superb.

Season 4 starts tonight on TG4.

Season 4 starts tonight on TG4.

What time?

• Advertisement

23.25. What a **** time to show it. I'll be fast asleep!

Record it, its a brilliant season.

Advertisement