Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver MX - colour highlighting

Options
  • 14-01-2007 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I use MX for code and design.
    This is all good when playing around with standard files such as asp, javascript, html, ..

The problem I have is I also work with non-standard file types. These files are all displayed in black and white making it a pain in the neck to work with.

As a workaround I save the files with an html extension in order to see the colour highlighting, and when I am finished working with them, I resave them in their original format.

Would anyone know of an option in MX that would do the trick? I couldn't find it ... Or a plug-in maybe?

Thank you ... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

You change edit the "MMDocumentTypes.xml" file to add file extensions to certain types of documents e.g. you could add "xxx" to the list of HTML documents which would mean files opened with dreamweaver with a ".xxx" extension get coloured as a html code.

See here.

Edit: I presume thats what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

axer wrote:
    Edit: I presume thats what you want.

Yes! right on the spot.

Thank you very much axer!

Advertisement