Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Mods looking after the Darts Forum

Options
  • 14-01-2007 5:03pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Recently there has been quite a few posts by people in threads in the Darts forum slagging the sport off. If this happened in any other forum that poster would be banned for at least a weekf from the forum in question. Sadly the Darts forum only has one mod, Amz, who I dont think has ever even looked in the darts forum.

The forum needs a mod who is a regulr poster in Darts so they can keep an eye out on whats going on. Also there needs to be a sticky at the top that has links to various Darts sites so peole can access them.

It would be great if this would be sorted ASAP because its becoming a problem at this stage.

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well no one has reported any posts regarding the Darts forum,(from what I can see, perhaps there were earlier) that they deem a problem so it is hard for Amz being the C-mod of sports to tell whether there is an issue or not. No harm to get another person in who views the forum regularly to help I suppose.
    If you, or someone you reckon would be good then throw their name forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

At the same time Kingp it doesn't need a mod to come in and rule with an iron fist. A game like darts is not going to run and cry to its mammy for being slagged off and the only job I can see a mod doing is preventing people slagging each other off, or maybe some obvious slander against certain players.

In saying that, you're the most frequent poster that I ever see on the forum and would be the obvious choice for mod. Whether you would make a good one only time would tell.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

There does seem to be some trolling and name calling going on, it may not need a mod to rule with an iron fist but I'd say it certainly needs looking at.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Well I dont want someone to come alog and rule with an Iron Fist, thats not what I meant. But there has been some trolling etc lately thats taken away from the forum and if a mod was to issue a warning or something to these people then I dont think they will do it again.

I dont know how to put your name forward as a mod but I suppose I would give it a go if I was given the opportunity. Rooster could be a candidate too.

I just think i would be better for the forum to have one regular poster as a mod.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

For now, report any posts you think are problematic. Amz as cat-mod for Sports will receive the reports and act as she deems appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll go through a mod-selection process for the forum shortly.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Isnt that when you put a picture of every contender on the bottom of a shot glass and the one that makes you pass out wins?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

DeVore wrote:
    I'll go through a mod-selection process for the forum shortly.

DeV.

Thanks DeV

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Asok wrote:
    Isnt that when you put a picture of every contender on the bottom of a shot glass and the one that makes you pass out wins?
    ...and your point is? Ó.o

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Kingp35 wrote:
    I dont know how to put your name forward as a mod but I suppose I would give it a go if I was given the opportunity.
    How could a user who thinks posts are problematic but who doesn't bother to report them possibly moderate it well?

You still haven't reported any posts there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

So reporting a post to you shower is the gauge of things? Report a post to a cmod who to my knowledge has SFA to do with darts? Rugger maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

So reporting a post to you shower is the gauge of things? Report a post to a cmod who to my knowledge has SFA to do with darts? Rugger maybe.

Amz is the cmod of sports. This includes darts.

So reporting a post to you shower is the gauge of things?
    When someone complains that moderators aren't acting, and moderators have been given no reasons for acting, yes.

The only conclusions I can come to our the following:
    1. There were no problems. Kingp35 made and error of judgement about what's a disagreement and what needs dealt with by a moderator action. Kingp35 shouldn't be a mod.
    2. There was a problem. Kingp35 didn't bother to report it. Kingp35 shouldn't be a mod.
    3. Kingp35 believes in the "clique" theory and wants to be part of said clique. Kingp35 shouldn't be a mod.

Please demonstrate otherwise.

The C-Mod doesn't need to have anything to do with darts to moderate a forum. They would to make a good Darts forum poster, but that's far from being the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Perhaps Kingp35 should have reported the posts. He chose to take it to Feedback instead - his way of reporting the posts. I don't see how reporting posts via feedback instead of the "report post" button means one isn't competent enough to be a Mod.

Can we take it you have no problem with any of the posts in question (assuming you've read the thread)?

cast_iron wrote:
    Perhaps Kingp35 should have reported the posts. He chose to take it to Feedback instead - his way of reporting the posts.
    That's like going to the police complaints commission to report that the police didn't investigate a burglary that you never reported.

There's nothing to say that the Sports cat-mod has even seen this thread.
    cast_iron wrote:
    Can we take it you have no problem with any of the posts in question (assuming you've read the thread)?
    Beats me. I haven't seen any reported posts to look at :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You've twisted my Arm, I'll mod it... Now which forum is darts again?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

eve forum has no mods either but everyone is pretty much well behaved.

I've withdrawn all of my stated concerns about Kingp35 being a mod in the thread on this in the Darts forum itself. I hope to see him in the Moderators forum soon.

In the meantime. Can people please report posts you think need a moderator's eye. As well as letting the threads get dealt with, it's highly likely that there would have been a thread started in the moderators forum by Amz saying "Need a mod in the darts forum, Kingp35 seems a good choice based on what threads he chose to report and what he stated where is issues with them".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Kingp35 wrote:
    Well I dont want someone to come alog and rule with an Iron Fist, thats not what I meant. But there has been some trolling etc lately thats taken away from the forum and if a mod was to issue a warning or something to these people then I dont think they will do it again.

I dont know how to put your name forward as a mod but I suppose I would give it a go if I was given the opportunity. Rooster could be a candidate too.

I just think i would be better for the forum to have one regular poster as a mod.
    As you have failed to report any of these problematic posts I cannot be expected to know that there is an issue on the forum. I mod several forums, I also have a life. If you have a problem report the post and/or PM me.

As you do not appear to understand the process of reporting posts I'll have to see who in the Darts forum might make a suitable mod. I wouldn't like to think you'd be a mod of a forum when you don't seem to know how it works.

Thanks for the heads up though.

[edit]
    Just to add, I put a charter in the Darts forum and asked that people report problem posts, it would appear that King35 and those who have a problem with the forum didn't read the charter if they failed to see that request.

Amz wrote:
    Just to add, I put a charter in the Darts forum and asked that people report problem posts, it would appear that King35 and those who have a problem with the forum didn't read the charter if they failed to see that request.
    Oh FFS!

Kingp35 are you just taking the ****ing piss or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Amz wrote:

LOL
    King35 = Excellent Mod Material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Asok wrote:

From now on I am making ALL major decisions like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sheesh... all this fuss over a forum dedicated to big green electric trains....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

They're poisoned darts right? Spy type forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Make this man the Mod!

pic1.jpg

Im starting to get pretty annoyed with this whole thing. I put my name forword because others suggested that I do. Whats this rubbish about a Boards clique? I certainly dont want to be a part of it.

As for reporting posts, come on now its damn obvious that some posts should be reported, and I expect that to be in the charter, otherwise, its a pretty poor charter now isnt it. If you lot bothered to do a bit of reading you would see that the probem was dealt with by me and others when it occured the first time by talking to said people rationally with an explanation to how its not only fat people etc that play darts. Problem solved, no need to report any posts. Sadly a few days later the same people came back again and said the same thing. This just brought to a head the problem that there is no ACTIVE mod on the darts forum. I came to feedback and raised my concerns (outlined below). When I went back to the darts forum about 20 mins later (I was in work and had some work to do), the thread in question had been locked, therefore no need to report any posts.

If you read my first post on this thread you will see that I wasnt only raising concerns about bad posts not being dealt with. I would like an ACTIVE mod on the darts forum, someone with knowledge of the sport, someone who will contribute to the forum, someone who will view the forum, someone who will be helpfull to other darts fans, someone who will be able to find out helpfull darts sites and put them as a sticky, someone who will be able to organise some darts tournaments for boards users and many other things that only a mod interested in the sport of darts can do. I never put my name forward until others suggested I do and Talliesins comments about me possibly wanting to be part of some boards clique has really annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Hopefully we'll have an active mod on the forum soon. I do have a life and have exams at the moment so unfortunately I don't have the time to check the forum daily (as I had been doing).

You didn't report problem posts, you claim you dealt with the problem poster by talking to them, if that was the case why did they return? Clearly you should have reported the posts and I would have dealt with them.

As I said, I do have a life and had the issues been raised with me I could have taken some of the brief time I have on the site at the moment to deal with them.

You could easily have PMed me to raise your concerns and allowed me to address them. You chose not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Your post makes little to no sense. The posts either did or didn't need to be moderated. If they did in your opinion, regardless of who moded the forum, they should have been reported, as per the charter, which you should have read. I think you created this problem just so you could join the boards clique. That's not right.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Kingp35 wrote:
    Whats this rubbish about a Boards clique? I certainly dont want to be a part of it.
    :eek: Why ever not?

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote:
    As for reporting posts, come on now its damn obvious that some posts should be reported
    With you so far.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    and I expect that to be in the charter, otherwise, its a pretty poor charter now isnt it.
    Actually, there's no harm putting that in the charter, but it's pretty superfluous. The charter doesn't have to tell you to report posts, not Spam or to wash your hands after going to the toilet. You still managed to not do so anyway.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    If you lot bothered to do a bit of reading you would see that the probem was dealt with by me and others when it occured the first time by talking to said people rationally with an explanation to how its not only fat people etc that play darts. Problem solved, no need to report any posts.
    And hence no need for moderator action. A good mod seeing that thread at that point would have left it.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    Sadly a few days later the same people came back again and said the same thing. This just brought to a head the problem that there is no ACTIVE mod on the darts forum.
    There is a very ACTIVE mod in all the Sports forums.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    someone who will contribute to the forum, someone who will view the forum, someone who will be helpfull to other darts fans, someone who will be able to find out helpfull darts sites and put them as a sticky, someone who will be able to organise some darts tournaments for boards users and many other things that only a mod interested in the sport of darts can do.
    The only thing in that list you need to be a mod to do is to sticky things.
    Kingp35 wrote:
    I never put my name forward until others suggested I do and Talliesins comments about me possibly wanting to be part of some boards clique has really annoyed me.
    You're comments about one of the hardest working moderators on this forum irritated the hell out of me, tbh. That isn't very important though. The idea of someone who has such a lack of a clue about moderation being a moderator does.

I suggest you organise a darts tournament. It sounds like you might be good at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement