Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Mods looking after the Darts Forum

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Amz wrote:
    Oh de we now?

I think you should keep your oar out when you clearly don't know what's going on.

I've said more than once that I do keep an eye on that forum, but I have a life and if people aren't willing to help out, as asked of them in the charter, and don't report posts, I can't know to give that forum specific attention at the moment.

I do know what's going on.

That thread was there for days, not one mod bothered to look at it during that time.

You're very quick to point out people's failure to report posts but don't seem to be willing to acknowledge the failure on the mods side.

Strange that.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just passing, so decided to throw my two cents in. I haven't been keeping up with this thread, so I've read it start to finish with no preconceptions.
    1. Kingp35 posts on Feedback to say the Darts form isn't being modded properly.
    2. A few people agree and suggest Kingp35 be made a mod, because he contributes.
    3. oscarbravo suggests they use the report the post function in the meantime
    4. DeV intervenes and says he'll look at the mod selection process shortly.

The thread could conceivably have ended there. There didn't really need to be anything else thrown in. However:
    1. Talliesin takes a pot shot Kingp35, saying if he can't report a post then he isn't really mod material. He has a short spat on the thread on this issue. Then he withdraws his dummy spit and says let's all play nicely.
    2. At this point Amz intervenes, having taken it personally that Kingp35 has basically said she isn't doing her job, and she points out that he should be using the 'report post' button if he has a problem. She also rightly points out that she has a life, and if users aren't using the 'report post' function, it doesn't help their cause or hers.

This reawakens the argument.

There follows 51 further posts of 'lastwordism' that do little or nothing for the credibility of the Feedback Forum as a venue for users' feedback.

Kingp35 never said he wanted to be a mod. He never suggested anyone choose him. He simply said he'd give it a go after someone else nominated him. Frankly I've seen less far elegant scrambles for power among existing moderators when a space in a forum opens up.

Threads like this just add to the user feeling that the mods think "it's not often you're right, but you're wrong again".
    MAJD, I think I wuv you.

I made a mistake (curiously it was one I *knew* I was making when I made it and made it anyway... which isnt like me). I knew I should have locked the thread when I had dealt with it.

I think this is a storm in a teacup with Talliesin being *technically* correct and everyone simply throwing logs of wood on that spark.

Well, I wont make the same mistake twice. This thread is locked so the popcorn eaters can go away now. I've restarted the mod nominations thread and got everything back on track imho. Woe betide anyone trolling or derailing it. Yes Boston, I'm looking at you.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement