Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

problem with dutch TVs

• 14-01-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I have 2 TVs that were bought in holland. I plug them in here in ireland and auto tune them, the picture is perfect but the sound is bad. I try to fine tune the channels to improve the sound but it doesnt get any better. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Problem is in Holland they use PAL-B, where the sound is offset from the video by +5.5Mhz, where in Ireland we use PAL-I wher the sound is off set by 6Mhz.
    So what ya need to do is go into the TV set up menus, and have a look to see if you can change either the PAL system, or the Country. If the TV is no older than 10 years it is more than likely that this is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

thks! this makes sense, but unfortunately the menu is very basic and has no selection for country or PAL. its a samsung tv, i guess there may be a selector switch inside on the tuner maybe :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

If you cant do it withn the menus, then it means converting the TV by changing filters etc. Can be done alright, but a pain in the butt.
    Really suprised you cant select it, maybe in the "Install menu"??

Advertisement