Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[util] rthdribl

• 14-01-2007 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Hey someone just recommended this to me to have running while I stress test with orthos. Has anyone ever used this before?

It's nearly 4 years old but it looks amazing. The skull set to the glass texture looks amazing. I was getting around 50fps with my 7900GTX when I was really up close to the detailed objects and rotating around them.

A good program to run if you want to give your system a full stability test work out, run this program in the background while running prime95 or Orthos to stress your GPU and CPU at the same time.

Real-Time High Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting

13.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Heh i havent used this since i had a Nvidia 5800 ultra.

Try enabeling AA and AF and watch those frame rates hit single figures. But none the less, a good addition to orthos to death test your system.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Its awesome! I was playing with it for about an hour:o

Got 41fps @ 1680*1050 with 4*samples which means 4*AA i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im supprised the ati can manage that, As back in the day with the 5800 and the 9800pro the 5800 was almost 2x as fast. How things have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

With everything maxed out it slows to around 20fps on my machine in some places, but still bearable.

Advertisement