Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Voyages - To Serve All My days

Options
  • 14-01-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Download here.

Second episode (3rd including pilot) of the 'New Voyages' fan series. Guest starring Walter Koenig as Chekov.

Quite good I thought. Production values are fairly top-notch, sets and effects look as good as they did (in TOS) or better most of the time. The story itself is pretty good too - although the Chekov storyline does seem a little shoe-horned unfortunately.

A nice 'typically Star Trek' message at the end too. Addressing contemporary issues behind a veil of futuristic sci-fi, much like the original show was famous for. Only here it's 2006-contemporary, rather than 1966, which is nice.

The acting, however, is truly bloody awful, and almost makes the entire thing unwatchable. Koenig comes across as an acting god by comparison to the 'regulars'. Everyone seems intent on over-emoting, over-emphasising, over-emulating and generally just over-acting. It's something I really hope they sort out in future episodes.

3/5 -- could have been a five (especially considering it's a fan-made production) if it weren't for the acting.

Rate the episode.. 5 votes

Amazing!!!
    0%
    Great!
    20%
    [Deleted User] 1 vote
    So-so.
    20%
    macronot 1 vote
    Crab!
    60%
    GoodshapeJusticeFuhrio 3 votes