Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titaniums in Argos

Options
  • 14-01-2007 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I went in today to check. The lady at the till says the only place they have them in is Athlone.

So, if you live in Athlone...

They should be in everywhere on Saturday.

Also, I think they may have *all* the Titaniums, not just Roddy and Soundwave. Someone said that there were 7 or 8 listed, which sounds about right for 4 waves(no doubt the Prime was sold out).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

xanthor wrote:
    Interesting.

And a word of warning - for those of you who don't know, Ti Megatron is a mess. If you like toys with Arms that fall off however, it may be right up your street.

Yeah, it's possible that's the one we're not getting because of those issues.

Titanium Prime is a mixed bag. There's no doubt the design is awesome, but you'll have to tighten the joints(pour a tiny bit of superglue, and keep them moving for about 2 minute, then move it for every 3 minutes after that for another 15).

It makes sense to get all of them though. It seems odd to start at Wave 4, when there's no doubt a large backstock of the older ones that didn't shift.

I think I'd pick up Prime, Scourge, and Roddy(maybe, definitely if it's only him and Soundwave). Divided on SW, I think I want the Classics one better (recolour of the Soundblaster mould to be Soundwave, basically it's the original Soundwave but with 2 casette holders).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

Rozie wrote:

Divided on SW, I think I want the Classics one better (recolour of the Soundblaster mould to be Soundwave, basically it's the original Soundwave but with 2 casette holders).

Shame its a U.S. exclusive

xanthor wrote:
    Like either of us need another Soundwave. :P

Oh i know but you know salt and wounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

C'mon WW Prime!
    Like either of us need another Soundwave

Is it possible to have too many SWs???

GWolf wrote:
    C'mon WW Prime!

Is it possible to have too many SWs???

The Titanium one is much different to the original while still being the only faithful re-imagining of it. It's worth a buy. More Comic Accurate proportions, and it's the most metallic figure to date. Much better looking and more posable, though the long crotch is annoying. Only comes with a Laserbeak unfortunately.

Btw, anyone know how much they'll cost?

• Advertisement

xanthor wrote:
    They're about £12 so about €18 i guess.

And Rozie hate to break it to you the store i got soundwave in had six of em All soundwaves and roddimus,s
    Heres something that took me by surprise I like soundwave the pics dont do him justice

Dominatorx wrote:
    And Rozie hate to break it to you the store i got soundwave in had six of em All soundwaves and roddimus,s
    Heres something that took me by surprise I like soundwave the pics dont do him justice

Argos store or another one? I know there are some funny little comic shops that have them in around the place. I might check Other Realms in Cork today. I'll see if I can check Smyths too.

16.49 isn't bad, means I can afford Roddy and Soundwave. Not sure which is the better fig. Soundwave would be perfect if it wasn't for his crotch(and maybe his alt mode being too "Cybertronian") and Roddy would be perfect if it wasn't for his missing "guts".

Rozie wrote:
    Argos store or another one?

Yup Argos

Dominatorx wrote:
    Yup Argos

When was this? I'll check in the Cork one today, they could have restocked. They're meant to be in for the new Catalogue tomorrow but it makes sense to get stock in on time, they don't have to "shelve" it either.

What a load of bull****. They're E22 each. What is the ****ing excuse for this? They're $15 in America. Why do we have to pay twice that much?

And Hasbro wonder why TFs don't sell in Europe. ****'s sake.

AND they didn't even have them in! They were "Out of stock" and they have no idea when they'll be getting them in.

I might go in to see if they have Classics Bumblebee tomorrow but I'm not sure I care. I so had my heart on Soundwave and Rodimus. **** Cork's Argos(both of them), **** Hasbro UK.

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:
    What a load of bull****. They're E22 each. What is the ****ing excuse for this? They're $15 in America. Why do we have to pay twice that much?

And Hasbro wonder why TFs don't sell in Europe. ****'s sake.

AND they didn't even have them in! They were "Out of stock" and they have no idea when they'll be getting them in.

I might go in to see if they have Classics Bumblebee tomorrow but I'm not sure I care. I so had my heart on Soundwave and Rodimus. **** Cork's Argos(both of them), **** Hasbro UK.

thats certainly bizarre as i only paid 16 for soundwave yesterday

Dominatorx wrote:
    thats certainly bizarre as i only paid 16 for soundwave yesterday

Which Argos was that? The new Catalogue has them listed as E22.

Voyagers also cost E28, which is a massive markup on the US Price($20). Same with Deluxes ($12 -> E15).

No way in hell is that taxes. We just get ripped off on everything.

Who is this we? Not all of us depend on whatever crumbs fall from the table of Hasbro U.K.

If you import, you have to pay for shipping. So you're paying more there too. We should be getting much more, for much less. That way, they'd actually SELL something instead of most of them being shelfwarmers.

xanthor wrote:
    I think we both paid about the same for Scourge too.

Who is this we? Not all of us depend on whatever crumbs fall from the table of Hasbro U.K.

Yup thats right
    you see i import most of my tf,s same as almost anyone who doesnt like euro tf prices

Dominatorx wrote:
    Yup thats right
    you see i import most of my tf,s same as almost anyone who doesnt like euro tf prices

So do I. But I shouldn't have to. If you import, you nearly may as well buy them in the shop since you're paying for shipping, unless you buy loose(which I did for Mirage and Grimlock, I was very lucky to find that lot).
    And for some bizarre reason, we got Rodimus and Soundwave here first, they're not out in the US so I have to pay high prices from yanks who want them bidding them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Argoscat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oooh... good work on the scan. I haven't had a chance to pick up the new catalogue yet.

A lot of them only seem to be available in Argos Extra....

two argos,s two prices quotes of 16.49
    Misprint in the catalogue mayb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Looking at the scan hits home how much the movie characters look more like Bionicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good scan, how many of each are supposed to be available?

• Advertisement
Advertisement