Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BDO Final

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

My brother just rang me, its now 6-5!

Adams missed 2 darts at double 8 for the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ha! Go Team-Nixon!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

And someone said it wouldn't rival the PDC final....it's getting there.

Adams can't hit a double to save his life.

Nixon 2-0 up to make it 6 all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

cast_iron wrote:
    And someone said it wouldn't rival the PDC final....it's getting there.

Well that was me...

Mods to be...new rule...when there's a final, I'm the only one allowed to start the "Final Thread" :D

• Advertisement

Adams misses the bull.
    Nixon check out 64.

6-6 in sets.

Brialliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Some comeback

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I cant believe im missing this match! What a come back by Nixon. I hope he wins it now.

Adams takes the first leg against the throw.

180 count:
    Adams 5
    Nixon 10

Adams looking like he'll win 7-6

2-0 in legs

• Advertisement

Adams takes the title 3-0 in the last set.

(why couldn't he do that at 6-4 with the double 8 :D)

Congatulations to Adams. It has been a long time coming for him and im happy he finally won the World Title.

You have to hand it to Nixon though for showing tremendous spirit to fight back the way he did.

How much you lose out on fade2black?

I'm happy for Adams. He's been so close so many times. Delighted he finally won it.

@cast iron... about 60 quid :D

Fair play to Nixon for the comeback but after hearing that Adams had sold his house in pursuit of his darts dream I think he deserves the victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

4th year in a row i backed the winner

Didn't have you down as an after timer healio...I thought you backed Van Gerwin...or was it Veitch...

EDIT: I see from the gambling forum you backed Adams as well in a straight win bet.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

A very interesting final, indeed.

Even though he lost, Nixon deserved a lot of credit. To fight back from 6-0 down to 6-6, in itself, was amazing. I sort of felt though that he could "trip up" in the last leg as he would become as nervous as Adams.

If Nixon had played like that from the start, he very well could have won - although it would have been a totally different final then.

With the newest 3 players going to the PDC Adams is probably favourite to win it again next year (although I would assume that Mervyn King - if he's still there - will want to win it off his "best man")

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i really didnt want adams to win, i hate his game. Was SCREAMIN at the telly for nixy to pull his socks up, and it started happenin when i got horse. Spectacular game, the standard was off, even i could have taken em! Im sure the average for adams in the last 6 was 80 or something silly like that.

Never the less great game, nixy won imo

Advertisement